Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
RSS Using XSLT
Tiru_c
Hi All,
I am new to livesite, I want to develop a RSS component only using XSLT, without using external java classes, Is it possible? if yes how will the content XML looks like, how to get the xml from the RSS URL.
Plese help with the sample code.
Thanks in advance.
Tiru.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Version of product?
Source of feed information?
No java externals or you dont want to create one?
Would a DCT and DCR be sufficient to meet your needs?
You really need to provide more info the xslt depends on the xml source.
Tiru_c
Thanks for Reply,
I am using Sitepublisher 7.2.
The requirement is like this.
1. I need to Enter Url in a textbox(RSS feed URL)
2. I need to show the data in the html(Parse the XML) form
3. Sample URL:
http://newsroom.brocade.com/press-releases/rss.xml
I should be able to display using XSLT.
Is it possible to create without using external java classes.
please suggest the possible approach and share the code if any.
Thanks,
Tiru.
AlexC
There are a few out of the box RSS examples in the component guide.
Migrateduser
attached a datacapture cfg and datacapture js file. We use it to create a static list of links based on the RSS spec. Create a component with a DCR datum and create the xslt to make it look how ever you need it. You might want to look into the OOB stuff like Alex_C suggests.
dobrien
BTW, in cases where you can avoid needing to loop over result data, an HTML-based component is perhaps 10x faster than an XSLT-based component, during the transform.
So if your RSS component somehow limits the results, e.g. showing only the last 10 entries on the feed, you could perhaps avoid looping and use static HTML to show the last 10 entries, and JavaScript to hide certain entries if all 10 are not populated.
If you can't limit the results, then XSLT will do just fine. This use case is, in fact, what the XSLT transforms are meant to accomodate.