CSSDK GETCLIENT NullPointerException
Upgrading from 6.5 to 6.7.2... recompiling code with NEW CSSDK libraries using java 1.4.2.. have the libraries in my path, from the CSSDK client /java 1.4 directory,
The code properly creates a factory, but the call to getClient DIES with NULL POINTER EXCEPTION... I am at a loss. Doesn't throw any of the CS exceptions just NULL POINTER From the getClient call.. This is effectively same code that works fine and all Javadoc says this should still work, but no matter what I do under CSSDK 3.0, I don't get past this. Always a NULL POINTER EXCEPTION... any ideas?
snippet below:
// create the factory
try {
factory = CSFactory.getFactory(props);
name = factory.getClass().getName();
if(logging) Logger.LOG(CLASS_NAME, METHOD_NAME, "Factory of type ["+name+"] created. "+factory, Logger.LOGGER_INFO);
} catch (CSFactoryInitializationException fie) {
Logger.LOG(CLASS_NAME, METHOD_NAME,fie, Logger.LOGGER_ERROR);
}
Logger.LOG(CLASS_NAME,METHOD_NAME, "BAL!!! "+factory.getConfigProperties(),Logger.LOGGER_INFO);
try{
// create the client object
if(logging) Logger.LOG(CLASS_NAME, METHOD_NAME, "Getting client with username: ["+username+"], password: ["+password+"] and role: ["+role+"]", Logger.LOGGER_INFO);
Logger.LOG(CLASS_NAME,METHOD_NAME,"LOCALE! "+Locale.getDefault(), Logger.LOGGER_INFO);
client = factory.getClient(username, role, password, Locale.getDefault(), "mydemo",null);
if(logging) Logger.LOG(CLASS_NAME, METHOD_NAME, "Got client: ["+client+"]", Logger.LOGGER_INFO);
if(logging) Logger.LOG(CLASS_NAME, METHOD_NAME, "[Exit]", Logger.LOGGER_INFO);
}
catch (Exception e){
Logger.LOG(CLASS_NAME, METHOD_NAME, "ERROR!!!"+e ,Logger.LOGGER_INFO );
}