Experts,I am trying to implement ECM connector for MediaBin, from TeamSite to fetch images on callout button of DCT/DCR. When I go through document "ecm_sol.100.pdf" for said implementation I need to have sample_connector_src.zip file. Where can I find sample_connector_src.zip file to start with ? Or should I need to contact IWOV support for the same ?Second help I need is, is there any functionality/document to implement ECM connector via component like the one we have via DCT/DCR ? I know we have image datum, and we can browse to MediaBin to get images if TeamSite is enabled with MediaBin connector from the Admin Tab, but that copies images to destination folder (TeamSite-> Admin Console-> Connectors -> MediaBin ->File Import Destination Information) which we specify inside TeamSite and MediaBin connector, here my requirement is, not to copy image to TeamSite rather reference from MediaBin server directly.Any help or direction will help.And third one, is there any way, wherein I can change destination directory for image copy/import from MediaBin to TeamSite? I mean, certainly we can change within working workarea, I need a way wherein I can store in another branch not within working workarea (Destination path which I am referring is: TeamSite-> Admin Console-> Connectors -> MediaBin ->File Import Destination Information) .Any help will be appreciated ..
To your number one - for DCT/MB integration you basically use Item's Subelement. Use it like you would've used to get to the local Image. Check Development Guide, it's documented.
As to issues 2 and 3 - perhaps you can reverse the approach? It *may* be easier to transport MB assets wherever neededusing static Configuration and then manipulate the result on TS Level (upon events, generation and whatnot) to formatlinks, copy assets somewhere else etc. Other than that I think you'd have to roll-out your own Connector.
What is your TS Version?
- From the TS 6.7 up two ECM Connectors are installed OTB. You do not have to bother with the Connector Installation and Configuration, (eg with ecm_sol.100.pdf Guide). 'dialog' subelement is a built-in DCT widgetto get to MB through Connector.
- You still have to configure ECM connection. The simplest way to do it is through TS GUI. Log-in to TS Pro, Tab "Administration", Operation "ECM Connector", Entry "Media Bin". That's what I actually meant by "Static" Configuration. "Destination" is one of the parameters you'd have to set there.
- Out of the Box MediaBin does not allow to "reference" (whatever that means) stored Assets directly in MB repository.
I can think of various options to get MB Assets to some shared location. All of them require coding and some TS API / MB API knowledge.
...any design or ARCH ideas where-in I can start looking/investigating/thinking?