Hi,Can we hide some of the links and buttons as per the roles of a user.we have not tried it but planning to do this.Thanks in advance.
Can we hide some of the links and buttons as per the roles of a user.
Hi,You can look for the id in iw-home\local\config\lib\content_center\reference directory.Go through the customization guide and then search the id.HTH.
When I move my mouse over the simple search button, I find the link at bottom is /iw-cc/command/iw.search.ccpro.search. I can't find the id for iw.search.ccpro.search in the iw-home\local\config\lib\content_center\reference folder. Any idea about it?Thanks.
Hi,I am seeing some of the search releated files in \iw-home\local\config\lib\content_center\reference\etc\conf location.I am seeing one file ref_search_ui_ccpro and ref_search_ui_ccstd files.Just have a look into them and I hope you will get a clue.I have worked on removing the search and I remember the id here itself.Please try and let us know.In the meantime I am also trying to figure out.If anyone worked recently then do comment.HTH.
Perhaps this old post can help a little... Note that it covers ccpro only.
I guess the old one is modifying the ui_custom.xml, is that right?
Yes. You may click "Thread" Link in the upper right hand corner to see the whole thread.
Thanks ISCBorisB. The simple search button is removed. The simple search button is defined in the ui_ccpro.xml under the iw-home\httpd\webapps\content_center\WEB-INF\conf\search.After I remove the id from ui_custom.xml, the button is gone. Cheers.Any idea for the My Favorite and My Workarea? Because I didn't see them defined in the ui_ccpro.xml.Thanks.
Hi,You have made the changes in httpd(deployment) folder.I hope you should have done the changes in ui_custom.xml which is in iw-home\local\config\lib\content_center\customer_src\etc\conf\customer.I hope if you run the build your work will be gone.Check it.Thanks.
I read the previous thread, and it gave a very good clue, it said the id can be found if I view source of the page, I found the id for the Simple Search, but I can't find the id for the My Favorites and My Workarea, the source code is in the attached document.I think we can't hide these two icon, is it right? Or you have other way to customize it.Thanks.
...I modify the ui_custom.xml to remove it
Where exactly (in what Folder) have you modified "ui_custom.xml"?Once again, you are not supposed to modify assets under "/iwhome/httpd/" directly
The ui_custom.xml I modified is under /iw-home/local/config/lib/...
There is a little misunderstanding. The ui_custom.xml I modified is under /iw-home/local/config/lib/content_center/customer_src/etc/conf/customer/ui_custom.xmlAfter run the make_toolkit, the simple search button disappears.Thanks.
Thank both of you give me the help, last question is what is the JSP file name or please give a clue how to find it. In case our client really want to remove the My Favorite and My Workarea.Thanks.