Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
AdminConsole CSF webservice only looking at /etc/passwd?
System
We are trying to implement Single Sign On. At the OS Level (Redhat EL 5.6) we have Kerberos/Winbind tied our Microsoft Active Directory. Things like console login, SSH, Web servers can all see the users that authenticate from the network as OS level users. While Teamsite 7.2 says it's pam compliant, is the most recent Opendeploy as well?
I am having problems getting the CSF web service used by Opendeploy admin console for authentication to see anything other than the users local to the machine. I'm thinking it will be a config option in
[Iw-home]/CSF/AccessService/conf/1.2/iwovcsfconfig.xml but haven't found any documentation on this file. Any pointers would be appreciated.
I guess the other option would be to only allow deploys via Teamsite workflows (since they run as bootstrap user), except the Iw-admin (local account), but would prefer not to do that, as some people like (or are used to) the admin console.
Thank you
-Barry
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi Barry - I don't have a solid answer for you, but I've just run into generally the same issue. I've got a new, Linux-based installation of TeamSite 7.2.1 and OpenDeploy 7.2.1.
I've got TS authenticating against AD, but OpenDeploy doesn't. I've seen a post here in DevNet that says that, back on OD 6.2.1 anyhow, the users probably could only authenticate if they are OS users.
I can get to the OD Deployments screen within the TeamSite admin function as an AD user.
Wally Box
Nike, Inc.
Migrateduser
I did finally manage to get it to work. In the conf/examples directory there is an iwovcsfconfig.xml_example_pam file (well duh!)
Basically in iwovcsfconfig.xml you replace the line that says
< local />
with
< pam service="opendeploy" doAcctMgmt="no"/>