A thread I started about
LiveSite on zLinux has side-tracked into OpenDeploy territory...
| - OpenDeploy (apparently 7.1 not available for zSeries, but OD Rcvr 6.2.1 was?). OD is basically a JVM, but seems to include some native code (not sure if one could hope to run without the native code and still get the majority of features in OD). OD is a mandatory element for LSDS... |
| FYI - OD's core code is, I believe, still C++ - on top of which is layer (or two, or three) of Java -- not sure if it makes a difference in your opinion, but ... |
Can anybody comment on that? is OD really a C++ core with a Java wrapper? Or is it a Java core with a few C++ native libraries.
I have access to OD 7.1 and 6.0.2 on Solaris, and I do find some seriously large *.so files in $ODHOME/lib (e.g. libiwdeploy.so of 20MB)
many thanks