While reconciling the files, sometimes the differences window opens with "'Visual','Source','Tags' and 'Properties'" tags.But sometimes, it opens with "'Visual','Merge','Tags' and 'Properties'" tags. I am confuesd on this behaviour. Can someone suggest me ideas?Thank you!
We have a customised code, which reconciles the files, if they are not already done. When a file is selected and reconciled, for some files, it opens up with Source tag, showing just the differences between the file in Staging and in Workarea and for some files, it opens with Merge tag, showing the difference as well as Merge utility. I could not figure out why this is happening.
If TeamSite doesn't recognize the base-version of the file in the workarea as being the same as version in staging it will assume a conflict and require a merge.
Thanks for your help. I have a question here.According to the above statement, Teamsite must request to merge, whenever there is a conflict in a file between workarea and stating. But I also see some files, where there is conflict, but Teamsite doesn't propmt to merge. How does Teamsite identify which files to merge and which files not to merge with any file that has conflicts?Thanks.