Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Out of the box localization capability of SitePublisher/LiveSite
System
I have a requirement for multilingual content on a site, potentially at the component level. The description of the out of the box capability for localizing based on a component that loads a DCR seems like it would do exactly what I want, but the docs are missing a crucial detail.
How does LiveSite determine the locale? Is it just looking at Accept-Language from the HTTP request, or is there a way to override that. A typical scenario might be a native Spanish speaker accessing the site from a public library terminal. I'd like to be able to shift to Spanish content either based on a user action (like clicking a link that says Espanol) or by virtue of them logging in and having Spanish as their language preference.
It isn't clear if there's a way to get that kind of magic out of the box, or if I would need to code that logic in an external (actually, probably better in a pre-controller since I'd want the functionality to just work for any FormsPublisher component).
Thoughts?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
From what I have determined, it is only using the http header (which is using the language setting of the browser.
I have not found a way to modify this, I am hoping there are some ways to do that.