Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Inline DCT Performance Issue
jayantb
I am trying to replace my existing DCT with Inline DCT. Existing DCT has 20 items including 5 inline callouts. I have seperated these inline callouts in ipls and include them in main ipl. Also I grouped generic items and keep them in seperate files. After doing this everything is wokring fine and maintainability is increased but my major worry is the loading time is increased considarably which inturn hitting DCT performace.
Can any one suggest me the best way to improve preformance? Is it true that Inline DCT is low in performance?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Depends on your code. Ghoti wrote a white paper years ago, I do not know if it is still available in the tech library but you can get a copy here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1833595/Perl_Efficiency.pdf
The main concern you have on performance is the number of shells/iwperl that get executed per DCT. It should be 1 and only 1. If you have multiple then put them together or in perl modules and call then as a function
FYI this is how I have been doing templates for the past several years. You can also do the same with TPL using iw_includes.
jayantb
Thanks for the reference.
But I am stuck at one point. I have 4 CLTs in my perl script and I want to store it's result in seperate variable and use it in my below code. Can you please specifically give me a sample code to execute all 4 at a time to enhance script performance?
nipper
Combine all 4 into 1 script. If code is reused, make them Perl Modules. The document I provided will halp that. But you do need to know Perl.