I have modified some files today. Upon modification , files are locked. Other user requested me to unlock these files. When I am trying to unlock these files which were locked upon modification by myself, I am getting error message "Permission denied"Why am I getting such an error messsage ? If files are locked by myself then I should be able to open these files.How can I solve this problem ? Do I need someone else to unlock these files for me ? If I can not unlock these files, who else can ? Can I solve this problem, without help from anyone else ?Thanks
click on file properties and lookup the lock owner.
shahzamaj is telling that he modified the files and now he is unable to edit it.Thanks.
... and?
And sometimes people make a mistake because they were the last person to edit a file, it does not mean they are the one who owns the lockHe can tell visually whether the file shows a lock (locked by someone else) or a key (locked by you). Not knowing the experience of the person with the issue, I always start at the basics. Of course he could have 2 different accounts, or IS changed his UID so it *looks* like it was owned by someone else.
You might be right that he thinks that he locked the file and again which is locked by someone else.Thanks.
Bingo!! as Nipper said, you can't assume that he went thru the basics first, and he didn't sound like he verified that he owned the edit lock.