Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Eventsubsystem failure to start
shougom
I get this error when trying to bring up the evensubsystem
The Interwoven Even Subsystem service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Logs and Alerts Service.
Looking in iw-home\local\logs\eventsubd_err.log reports this:
"Cannot load jdbc driver class"
Any clues appreciated. The only thing weve changed is the teamsite connection string to a new sql 2008 database. Then changed it back but the subsystem still causes the error.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Have you performed a full server restart?
shougom
No. We just start and stopped the service. Do you mean just reboot the file server?
Migrateduser
"file server"?
If you mean the TeamSite server, then yes. You should try that before anything else. If that doesn't work, then restore your jmsconfignew.xml file. Or at least attach it (minus usernames and passwords) to your post so that we can see what was wrong.
shougom
Ok so we downed the server and brought it back up but it threw the same jdbc error.
Im focusing on the eventsubsystem.properties and the jmsconfignew.xml files.
This is our qa teamsite server which has been down for a few months.
I noticed that the eventsubsystem.properties file has something much different than what our production server has.
Im attaching both of the aforementioned files from our qa server for someone to take a look at.
The error in the iw-home\local\logs\eventsubd_err.log file is:
"Cannot load jdbc driver class"
Migrateduser
Couple of questions,
Why do you have 3 entries in the eventsubsystem.properties file? I think you only need the following.
jdbc_classpath=D:\\iw-home\\eventsubsystem\\lib\\mssqlserver.jar;
Is the mssqlserver.jar file actually in the location your are referrencing? (D:\iw-home\eventsubsystem\lib)
Are you sure your password and username are valid, not expired?
Check the path in your registry to make sure the JVM arguments include the correct path to your driver. (\\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Current ControlSet\Services\iweventsubd\Parameters\JVM Option Number 0)
See this article for further info.
https://customers.autonomy.com/support/secure/docs/FAQ/Interwoven/60282.html
Migrateduser
I should also note that the driver you seem to be using is for MSSQL 2000. If you are going against a 2005 database, use sqljdbc.jar and change your connection string to something like this.
[PHP]
url="jdbc:sqlserver://servername
ortnumber;databaseName=TeamSite;"
[/PHP]
shougom
Appreciate the repsonse. I have made the changes in the eventsubsystem.properties to use sql2005.
jdbc_classpath=D:\\iw-home\\eventsubsystem\\lib\\sqljdbc.jar;
Then changed the jmsconfignew.xml to use sqlserver 2005.
See attached.
Downed the server brought it back up and it still failed with the same error.
See attached log.
So now im not sure what it might be..
Migrateduser
Did you also look into the registry and check that as well?
You did install a valid license file for TeamSite, correct?
shougom
I did not look at the registry. I just generated a new temporary license key a few days ago. Im new at this company so I just found out that this particular server has been using these temporary licenses for this particular server. When it expires they just generate another one. I did copy the lic file to the correct location as well so I dont think its that any longer but im not sure.
The error continues to be this:
Cannot load JDBC driver class com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
Gregg Faus
I had a similar error when installing TeamSite 7.1 a few weeks ago. I did the following to resolve (note my source db is SQL 2008 and TeamSite is installed to c:\iw-home):
Update jmsconfignew.xml to:
driver="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"
url="jdbc:sqlserver://PISQL11:1433;databaseName=[DB_NAME_HERE]"
user="[USERNAME HERE]"
password="[PASSWORD_HERE]"
maxActive="10"
maxIdle="5"
minIdleTime="1800"
evictionInterval="3600" />
Copy sqljdbc4.jar to c:\iw-home\eventsubsystem\lib\ and modify registry key \\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\Services\ControlSet0001\iweventsubd\parameters\JVM Option Number 0\ and add path C:\iw-home\eventsubsystem\lib\sqljdbc4.jar.
shougom
The dbconn string wasnt specifying the dbname property but when I restarted the subsystem it ended up quitting again. Will take a look at the log.
shougom
Does anyone have the a link to download sqljdbc4.jar? We dont even have that file. But we do have sql 2008 so I would like to try making this work with sql 2008.
Migrateduser
2.0
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=99b21b65-e98f-4a61-b811-19912601fdc9&displaylang=en
or
3.0
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=%20a737000d-68d0-4531-b65d-da0f2a735707&displaylang=en
shougom
Still failing to start. When I look in application viewer the iweventsubd service always fails with:
The Java Virtual Machine has exited with a code of -1, the service is being stopped.
shougom
Attached is a screen of our sql version on this instance that teamsite is running against.
attached also is our current jmsconfignew.xml and eventsubsystem.propterties and the registry key jvm option number 0 that was recommended that I change to represent the correct jdbc driver for sql.
So if anyone can see anything wrong please let me know. Thanks.
Migrateduser
What's with the port number being 52541? Is that correct? By default it's 1433. Is your sql server running on port 1433 or 52541?
shougom
The System Admin wants do it that way I guess. He never uses 1433 I dont think. So yes that was definately the intention to not use 1433.
Migrateduser
Just for testing purposes, can you create an odbc connection on your TeamSite box to the sql server. Make sure you select the correct authentication and at the end do a Test Data Source. You might also have to click the Client Configuration button to change the port number if it can't figure it out.
This will help determine if you're using the correct password, port, firewall issues, etc. If you can connect with that then you've got one test out of the way.
Another question, how did your admin make the new database on the 2008 server? Did they get the permissions correct?
shougom
Done. odbc dsn setup to connect to our new sql server and at the end I clicked on test connection and it said successful. And that was using the 52541 port.
Migrateduser
Here's another thing to try.
Look for an
events.lock
file in your iw-home\eventsubsystem directory. If you find it, rename it, or delete it.
Also change your line to be url="jdbc:sqlserver://ROCHSQL3:52541;
selectMethod=cursor;
"
Then try and restart it again.
Here's another thread that discusses the same issue.
http://devnet.interwoven.com/forums_vb/showthread.php?t=20574&forumid=11&highlight=events.lock
shougom
Anyone know where I can find the sql server 2008 version of the following document? Ive searched til blue on autonomys website.
https://customers.autonomy.com/support/secure/docs/FAQ/Interwoven/60282.html
DynamicPageBreakBasedOnDataSetRows.rptdesign
shougom
Based on the error I just think im pointing at the wrong jar version. I downloaded the 3.0 drivers and set the registry and xml file to point to sqljdbc.jar and not sqljdbc4.jar. And low and behold its been running for about 5 mins.
I hope this did it.
UPDATE: The eventsubsystem is still up and running.
Thanks to all those that helped!