Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Web Content Migration to TeamSite
Log
Hi All,
We have a problem in Hand. We have some html pages from the acquired company, which are all Lotus Notes databases. I mean the are hosting their web content from Domino Server. The contents are static pages/images/pdf documents for download.
We need to migrate this web site to TeamSite 5.5.2. All pages are aviable as html pages only. I mean there is no content seperate and html/css/js seprate.
As a general approach of creating DCT and PT and publish the website would be a costly affair for us. We dont have time to seperate the content alone from the html pages.
Could anybody suggest whats the best way of doing this migration?
Thanks in advance.
Logesh
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Michael
Without knowing the specifics on your situation it is impossible to give definite advice. But here is my 2 cents...
In theory you may be able to just save all the html pages in an appropriate directory structure in TeamSite -- content in TeamSite doesn't have to be generated from a template. However if the html is coming out of domino this may not be possible due the way in which links are managed?
There are lots of downsides to this approach anyway, the content will have no consistency with your current content, you are not using the advantages that templating can bring etc. However, this can be a useful, quick-win stepping stone.
Really, there is no out-of-the-box, one-size-fits-all, one-button approach to doing content migration into TeamSite --- especially when taking content from Lotus Notes databases. That said, it dosen't have to be overly complex either, you just have to have a good approach which meets your business need.
Good luck!
Cheers
Michael
Migrateduser
Hi Logesh,
We have a prouct called ContentProvider that allows you to take content produced in Lotus Notes and enables you to bring them into TeamSite as DCRs. Contact your sales rep or me directly if you have questions.
It may be the answer to your dilemma. But maybe not as I cannot tell exactly what is going on in your environment.
Thanks!
David Yun
Product Manager, Client Tools
dyun@interwoven.com
abhishek_gupta
Well is there any other product, or does ContentProvider allow HTML to DCR conversion. We have built a DCT and a TPL and now want to convert all the HTML's to DCR's.
AK
Interwoven TeamSite Consultant
sunil_j
Hi,
What is ContentProvider? Where can I find some more details on this Product?
Regards
Sunil
TeamSite Consultant
nakano_r
Hi Logesh,
Check out Extracta at
www.nahava.com
.
Russell Nakano
Nahava Inc
Log
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your reply. Here I give you more insight into our problem.
We have some html file dumbs like home.html, products.html etc. (these htmls files are downloaded from the existing site, which is hosted on Domino)
Each html file has some formatting information like referring to some cascading style sheets and js file etc.
Now my client has a entirely different presentation style. For that the client have few presentation templates (.tpl) and different css and js files to use.
Would it be possible for me to use the existing html dumbs as it is and the presentation templates (.tpl) to publish the new site with the changed look and feel. Here I am worried that each page has already referring to some css classes and js functions..
OR
Do I have a way to create DCRs with the html dumbs? (is it possible?)
What I mean is..can I create a DCR with html content? So that I can use the presentation template later to use this DCRs and publish the new site?
If this is possible, is there anyway to create the DCRs (from the html files) with the html content in a automated way? (Becos we have nearly 600 .html files in hand !!!).
Thanks in advance.
Logesh
Michael
Hi Logesh,
If you need your new content to have the same look and feel as your templated content then you will probably need to put your new content in DCRs. Your TPLs are for processing with a DCR (XML), not with HTML content.
Depending on the design of your DCR, the consistency of the structure of the HTML documents and about a million other things it may be possible to automate this process of creating DCRs from your content.
However, a process of prioritising (and probably eliminating some) content and then manually cutting and pasting it into your DCRs could well be go for your volume of content.
btw I don't know what you mean by "html dumbs" -- I hope I haven't misunderstood completely what you are trying to do....
Good luck!
Cheers
Michael
Migrateduser
Hi Sunil,
ContentProvider is actually an OEM of a product by a company called Venetica. You can find more information about it here:
http://www.interwoven.com/products/content_integration/
If you would like a demo or more in-depth information please contact your sales representative.
Thanks!
David Yun
Product Manager, Client Tools
dyun@interwoven.com
taiyo
on that note perhaps someone can post perl code that can run through a bunch of HTML files and just suck out the code that is related to content (no navigation, css, etc).
I'm thinking of a perl script that would search through each file and look for the first <p> paragraph tag and copy all that into a DCR field. Of course this assumes that the html docs are created using <p> tags.
Jeremy
I don't think this is something that can be done by a generic Perl script. I would think that pretty much every HTML file would be different, let alone for different projects.
My guess is that you would have to write something for your unique situation.