Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
DCT pagination question
pradeep1
Hi
I added the "items-per-page" attribute(and set it to 5) to a "data-type" in my templating.cfg. Doesn't seem to make any difference. Is there something I am missing here?
Here's the line - just in case...
<data-type name="product_home" dcr-type="iwov" items-per-page="5">
Also would it work only when creating new DCRs or will it work when opening existing DCRs as well?
Thanks in advance.
-pradeep
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Are you dealing with a large replicant? or nested items?
If so, I don't believe this attribute will have any effect - as mentioned in the documentation:
------------------------
The items-per-page attribute applies only to top-level items; therefore, a replicant with many items still displays on one page and this attribute has no impact.
--------------------------
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
pradeep1
i am just dealing with top-level xml items here. I have about 15 top-level items.
The first 9 are non-replicants. I have my "items-per-page" set to '5'. So shouldn't it, at the very least work for those?
Thanks
-pradeep
Adam Stoller
I just tried a real simple example and it worked for me.
What version of TeamSite / TeamSite Templating?
What platform?
What browser / browser version?
Are you using browser-based templating?
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
pradeep1
Version: iwserver: 5.5.2 Build 10716 Interwoven 20020811
Platform: Solaris 8
Browser: IE 6 on Win 2k
And yes, I am using browser-based templating.
thanks
-pradeep
Adam Stoller
Hmm, I'm using 5.5.2 SP1 on W2K (SP3) with IE 5.5 - so there are a few differences between our environments, but it's difficult to tell.
All I did was modified the example "intranet/weather/datacapture.cfg" by adding the following:
============================
<item name="1"><text maxlength="3"/></item>
<item name="2"><text maxlength="3"/></item>
<item name="3"><text maxlength="3"/></item>
<item name="4"><text maxlength="3"/></item>
<item name="5"><text maxlength="3"/></item>
<item name="6"><text maxlength="3"/></item>
<item name="7"><text maxlength="3"/></item>
<item name="8"><text maxlength="3"/></item>
<item name="9"><text maxlength="3"/></item>
<item name="10"><text maxlength="3"/></item>
============================
and changed the entry in templating.cfg to look like:
============================
<data-type name="weather" dcr-type="iwov" items-per-page="5">
============================
I then created a new DCR and I saw that there were several pages and only 5 items showed up on the first page.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
pradeep1
So I tried that example and it worked fine.
The difference could be the way the 2 DCTs are coded.
In the sample intranet DCT all the items are inline inside the 'datacapture.cfg' file.
In the DCT that I was trying, the elements are not coded directly inside datacapture.cfg, but instead 'groups of elements' are stored in separate files and then brought in using the 'inline' command at runtime(making the DCT elements reusable across DCTs).
does that make sense? would it make a difference?
thanks
-pradeep
Adam Stoller
That could certainly make a difference - I don't have time right now to try it out on my system (hopefully someone else will and report back) - if that turns out to be the case, I'd suggest contacting Interwoven Support and requesting a bug be filed for it.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
ruler
Did anyone was able to get the pagination work successfully in DCTs, please share your experiences.
thanks.
Migrateduser
There's a
related post
that might have what you are looking for...
lissa