Hi everyone,
We are recently having a whole bunch of very annoying problems, all on our production Solaris 5.5.2 TeamSite server. The problems are possibly all related:
- When attempting to edit a DCR-created HTML page, TeamSite does not realise that the HTML is created with a DCR, and opens up the raw HTML in the user's HTML editor;
- When attempting to edit a DCR directly, TeamSite does not open up the usual Data Capture form, but opens up the raw XML in the user's text editor;
- When browsing around the directories in a workarea, the "Regenerate Page" option (and other options) disappear and reappear with no apparent rhyme or reason. I can confirm, for example, that Regenerate Page often disappears even when I am browsing a directory full of DCR-generated HTML pages.
All of these problems are intermittent but frequent, to the extent that I may have to try editing a file up to 20 times before it successfully opens the Data Capture form instead of my HTML editor. It's becoming a big big hassle.
No clues to be found from studying all the server log files. I did find several error refences to a non-existent file:
/usr/local/sys/iw-home/httpd/iw-home/getiwextattr.cgi
That error looks hopeful, and there is actually a file called:
/usr/local/sys/iw-home/httpd/iw-home/getiwextattr.ipl, and looking inside it, I can see that it is a simple CGI script, so I tried copying that file to a cgi extension, and the errors disappeared from the logs but the weird behaviours continue.
Stumped. Really stumped. Our Solaris guys have rebuilt the entire OS from scratch to try and nail this, and our Interwoven resellers are at a dead-end too.
Any thoughts?
thanks heaps,
Lee Borkman