Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Issue in saving form (migrated from 6.7.2 sp1 to 6.7.2 sp2)
rajivgupta
Hi All,
I am facing an issue while saving the DCR's(6.7.2 sp2) .
The same code is working in other environment(6.7.2 sp1) .
when I click on save it gives error as "Save was unsuccessful. Invalid category/type null was received."
function init() {
IWNameFactory.setAutoDCRPathGenerator (Test);
}
function Test()
{
name= IWDatacapture.getItem("/navigation/name");
return name.getValue();
}
In the function Test if I change the variable name from "name" to "name1" it starts working ...
can anyone help me out in this..
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
curiousmaverick
One observation. It is always advisable to use "var" keyword.
rajivgupta
It works with "var" but still the question is why does it works in the other environment without that keyword .
One observation. It is always advisable to use "var" keyword.
Migrateduser
That's easy. "name" is already used as a variable name elsewhere in the TeamSite javascript. You can confirm this by putting an alert(name); at the beginning of your init() function. It should pop up "api". The older version of TeamSite may not have had a var called name.
When you used it without using var to declare it then you overwrote the value that was stored. Besides, "name" a terrible label to give your var. I would suggest something a little less generic. var navName for instance would be better.