Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
7.1 vs 6.7.1 performance on Solaris 10
System
Hi DevNetters -
We've just completed a 7.1 TeamSite / Search / OpenDeploy install on a virtualized Solaris LDOM instance. The install was OK and everything seems functional.
As I expected, this 7.1 LDOM instance is a good bit slower than my 6.7.1 instance that I have on a powerful Solaris quad processor server. Because of the difference in virtualized and not virtualized environments, it's not really a fair apples-to-apples performance comparison.
So, in lieu of doing a full install on new 'real' hardware to make sure it's performant, I'm posting the question here:
In your experience, given equivalent hardware environments, does 7.1 perform worse / the same / or better than 6.7.1? I'm hoping for 'better' or 'the same', but your input is very helpful.
Thanks!
Wally Box
Nike, Inc.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
DevNetters -
Any takers on this question? Or am I the first to see 7.1 running?
Thanks,
Wally
Adam Stoller
DevNetters -
Any takers on this question? Or am I the first to see 7.1 running?
Thanks,
Wally
The little bit of work I've done with 7.1 on Windows I cannot say I noticed any appreciable difference one way or the other - but that's been on my laptop via a virtual PC - so it doesn't really mean all that much, especially in comparison to the environment you're talking about.
nipper
I tend to agree with Adam, I have not seen any differences in performance from 6.7.1 and 7.1
pageNumbering_Report_ML.pdf
pageNumbering_Report_ML.rptdesign
Migrateduser
Thanks for the responses. I like most of the 7.1 environment, but wanted to have some idea of performance before acquiring new hardware.
Wally