Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Failed Deployment
System
I have a problem with OpenDeploy.Please review this:
We are selecting files from Staging/edition Deploy and we have a custom menu item which calls a script(select_deploy.cgi) to get the server and the path name from a file server_list.cfg and which in turn calls select_deploy_2 to set the manual script for deployment to distinct receiver based on the server selected.
THe only changes made are:
1. Adding the new server reference to the server_list.cfg ( included x%/data/agencies) to deploy to two servers x1-web01 and x2-web02.
2. Adding code to call the maual scripts in select_deploy_2.cgi.
The changes made were:
if ($scenario eq "filelist" && $remote_server eq "x"){
$scenario_detail="Deploy selected files from STAGING to Portal Staging Servers 01 and 02";
$deployment_name="staging_manual_deploy_portal_staging";
$targetDir = gettargetDir($remote_server);
}
and
if ($scenario eq "edition" && $remote_server eq "x"){
$scenario_detail="Deploy selected EDITION to Portal Staging Servers 01 and 02";
$deployment_name="edition_manual_deploy_portal_staging";
$targetDir = gettargetDir($remote_server);
$branch = $edition;
}
3. Edited the already working scripts for other servers and changed the xml files to make it work for x1and x2.
I am getting a failed deployment each time I run this
The error log is attached... please ask if u need other cgi files
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Do you capture somewhere the actual command being run to kick off the deployments?
I ask because in the error log I see:
============================
ENG: 2002-12-17 20:46:35 EST GMT-05:00 ***ERROR - FileList not found.
ENG: 2002-12-17 20:46:35 EST GMT-05:00 ***ERROR - Failed to start deployment.
===============================
As you have a number of variable substitutions in your config file, it would help to see how you are calling iwodstart to supply this information.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
wailing
Perhaps you can check if the file list variable ie. myarea is passed in as a relative path (to the workarea) or as an absolute path.
For filelist deployment, it MUST be an absolute path.
Another debugging technique is to test with the iwodstart cmd and pass in the job variables with the -k option.
rgds,
Rika
Migrateduser
HI ..I am enclosing my Manual OD script...Please lemme know if the code looks incorrect
Migrateduser
If you had read what ghoti requested, he asked for the command you use to kick off these deployments, meaning your iwodstart command. If you can post that, I'm sure people would be able to help you better.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
Sorry about that Smitty... I am adding the iwodstartto my message
sub run_opendeploy {
my ($deployment_name, $scenario, $filelist, $areavpath, $targetDir) =
@_
;
my $odclient_xml = $ODCONF . "/$deployment_name" . ".xml";
open (INFILE,$odclient_xml) || die "can't open the open deploy reference client xml file $! ";
close INFILE;
if ($scenario eq "edition") {
$cmd = "$ODBIN/iwodstart $deployment_name -k \"myarea=$areavpath\" -k \"mytargetDir=$targetDir\" ";
} else {
$cmd = "$ODBIN/iwodstart $deployment_name -k \"myfilelist=$filelist\" -k \"myarea=$areavpath\" -k \"mytargetDir=$targetDir\" ";
}
#print "OD 5.0 Command before execution is $cmd <br>";
#$rc=`$cmd`;
$results=`$cmd`;
print "<h3>Deploy Command:</h3> $cmd<p><p>";
print "<h3>Results:</h3><p>";
print "<pre>";
print "\n$results\n";
$results=~s/LOGFILE\=\[//;
$results=~s/\]//;
open ( FILE, $log_file );
while ( <FILE> ) {
if (/DEPLOYING/) {$pout=1}
if ($pout == 1) {print};
}
close FILE;
print "</pre>";
unlink $filelist;
}
Migrateduser
Now post the output you got from these commands in your script:
print "<h3>Deploy Command:</h3> $cmd<p><p>";
print "<h3>Results:</h3><p>";
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
Hi, my OD was down from the morning. So, cant see the output now.
I am attaching the log file as to why OD failed. I can stop,start OD to make it work again but I want to know the reason as to why OD has stopped..
Thanks
Adam Stoller
Is this the log from when OpenDeploy just went down - or the log from when you last were able to try running your script?
If it's the former - I'd try stopping and starting the processes again because it doesn't look like things came up cleanly - and if that doesn't work either start a new thread for it or contact Interwoven Support for assistance.
If it's the latter - there's nothing in there to give us a clue about your *original* problem. We need the information that I asked for.
When you get OpenDeploy up and running again, please do another test run and send us that output.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Adam Stoller
I took a look at your deployment configuration and I think you have some problems in there.
You've defined sslCertificate and sslPrivateKey, but no sslCaCertificate, sslCiphers, and also have an erroneous empty sslCACertificate attribute).
You MUST define a sslCaCertificate value along with the other two in order for SSL deployments (sslCiphers is optional)
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
Thanks for the help. the reason is not ssl certificate but a relative path for the file sytem. When I gave an absolute path, everything went fine and was immediately deployed