Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Issue after ex-changes in the Tab fields.
psr
Hi,
TS 6.7.1 SP2
WIN2k3
I am planning to update the current templating setup by using tabs. One of the concern is, fields between the tabs may get exchanged tomorrow.
Example:
If today,
TAB-A ==> ID, Name, Description
TAB-B ==> Code, Link, Details
Tomorrow this can be:
TAB-A ==> ID, Link, Name
TAB-B ==> Code, Description, Details
Is there any way I can handle this without affecting old DCR's & change in deployment configs?
The way I see is,
1. The old DCR's wont open with field exchange betwen tabs
2. deployment path will be different making deployment fail (need to update the deployment config)
This is making me keep up the current setup (no tabs, all fields togather)
Any suggestions?
Thanks
ANC
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
Well you could play with different pathids if you were moving everything. But in your scenario, you are best staying with 1 block.
Unless you can figure out a way to have both tabs contain all fields and use formapi to display the correct ones. The DD config would have to be smart enough and you would need some way to handle existing DCRs, even if FormAPI fixed it (tough but not impossible).
pageNumberTesting.rptdesign
psr
Yup .. I also thought about that dual field setup :-). Definitely unreasonable. Was just curious if there was any other way.
Thanks