Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Dependencies Report in Teamsite 7.x
System
Hi,
We are on TS 7.1 (Win 2008).
We have a requirement to generate custom reports based on the dependencies. Here is the use case:
User will navigate to a branch "a" and identifies an asset (.jpg/.doc/.pdf etc) and wanted to know what are the pages/DCRs that is been associated with the specific asset. So they wanted to identify the dependencies and act based on the results.
As far as i know, we can implement this in the following approaches:
1. Use Teamsite Search (OOTB) to search with the name of the asset and identify the files associated with it (Content Search)
2. Use LSCS query based on extended attributes (This will mandate that dependencies are stored as EAs).
3. Customize Report center to cater to this requirement.
I wanted to find out if you have implemented this use case before and wanted to get your thoughts on if there are any other approaches and pointers on the best approach to tackle this problem.
Do let me know if you need any clarifications.
Thanks,
Arun.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Whatever you do in 7.1 you'll probably need to re-do in 7.2+
Pre-7.2 (at least with SitePublisher) there is an EA that stores the dependency information; Post-7.2 there is a built-in "Dependency Manager" (accessible via CSSDK, not Perl) that you can probably use to do what you want.
I've only had limited experience with the Dependency Manager - you're supposed to run a dependency migration script when upgrading to 7.2+ in one workarea on each branch that contains DCRs - the first place I ran into this I was unable to get the dependency migration script to run successfully but was taken off the project before being able to spend sufficient time to investigate; the second place I ran into this I was unable to get the dependency migration script to run because it required migration of customizations (e.g. tempting.cfg) which was to occur
after
my involvement with the upgrade (on new server) process.
Given the existence of the Dependency Manager, you might want to upgrade to 7.2+ before trying to implement your solution for the requirements...