Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TeamSite 5.5.2 SP3/ Win 2K
ReggieRWalker
Has anyone experienced any difficulties with SP3 (not that any SP *ever* works the first time)? I am currently getting the following error:
Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /iw/webdesk/teamsite/launch.jsp.
Reason: Could not connect to remote machine: Unknown error
Additionally, a 500 Internal Server Error error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/1.3.27 Server at localhost Port 80
I have checked all logs and I don't see anything *suspicious*.
Any ideas?
Reggie
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
It sounds like the servlet engine might be in a bad state. Does it work if you go directly to port 8080 with your browser?
I don't know why the ErrorDocument isn't working, however. That is the page that usually would put up a "Can't talk to the servlet engine" message.
ReggieRWalker
I uninstalled SP3 and SP2, at which point, I was able to get TeamSite to work. I then installed *just* SP3 and NOW I'm at least getting the "The Interwoven Web Daemon was unable to contact the Interwoven Servlet Engine. The Interwoven Servlet Engine may be down, or running on an unexpected host or port. " error. I'll keep looking. Thanks for the response.
test_output.zip
Adam Stoller
for what little it might be worth - I just installed TeamSite / TeamSite Templating 5.5.2 and SP3 on my W2K virtual PC (on a Mac) and it seems to be operating fine. So I don't think there's anything inherently broken in SP3 with regard to iwwebd.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
carnix
Have SP3 on Windows 2000 as well. While I'm seeing MANY problems that seem to be SP3 related, this isn't one of them... At least not that I see =]
Michael Langford, Webmaster - CARE USA
151 Ellis Street, Atlanta, GA, 30303
http://www.care.org/
Migrateduser
Hey Carnix,
Is there a heads up on installing SP3 on windows???
Can you give any detail on the problems? This is the legendary release that is fabled to resolve all of our issues - should we wait for SP3B (or C) or give this one a try?
John West
Consultant
Oregon, USA
Johnny
Finger tips are still burnt from the last SP
John Cuiuli
Consultant
Sydney, Australia
Migrateduser
I respectfully ask for some folks to try out SP3. Please post any issues you run into here and I will do my best to see that they are looked into promptly.
Lissa
lissa
Migrateduser
Hi,
Did you manage to fix this one? I have same problem on Win2k/SP3!
David
ProfessorX
Im hosed... same error...and the kicker I do not have an uninstall item in my add/remove progrmas list.
I tried to reinstall sp3 but it gives me an error "SP3 is already installed"
HELPPPPPPPPPPPPP
The Professor-
Migrateduser
Hi,
I'm facing a similar problem after installing SP3.
Earlier I did a fresh install of TS 5.5.2 with SP3 on another machine which is working fine.
On my machine though, I messed up the sequence of installing OD5.6 with SP1 etc. and since then I'm getting "The page cannot be found" error for TS and DD login GUI.
For OD login, I'm getting "The page cannot be displayed" error.
Any tips on debugging the App server?
I tried "iwreset -ui" and "iwreset -a" but didn't help.
Are there any scripts that can be run to reconfigure the App/Web/Proxy servers?
TIA
Migrateduser
You suppose to see "Interwoven TeamSite 5.5.2 Service Pack 3" in Add/Remove panel. If you do not see it, go to <SYSDISK>\program files\installshield Installation Information ,
delete the sub folder "{1B309B8B-D8D2-42C9-AD78-1C8051A19104}"
Migrateduser
I'm seeing all the softwares (TS, OD, DD) with all the SPs that I've applied correctly in the Add/Remove program.
Is there a script to reconfigure Tomcat?
TEST_ODBC_SEV.dcpackage
ProfessorX
Well heres the skinny...
When applying TS 5.5.2 SP3 I left my laptop running and walked away (actually my wife and I went house hunting) and when I came back my latop was off (I think the battery ran out). When I booted backup I did not ses TS 5.5.2 SP3 in the "Add/Remove Programs". So I tried to install SP3 again. I then recieved an error saying "D:\iw\IWOV_Upgrades\TeamSite\5.5.2\4.0 already exists please rename the folder to install SP3". I then renamed the folder and during the install I recieved and another error "Serve SP3 alreay installed".
I then checked the reqistry for HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Interwoven\Interwoven TeamSite 5.5.2 Service
Pack 3"...not there then did a search for "Interwoven TeamSite 5.5.2 Service Pack 3" NOT FOUND
Then from mymtl I looked for "{1B309B8B-D8D2-42C9-AD78-1C8051A19104}" in the <SYSDISK>\program files\installshield path. NOT THERE.
tried to install SP3 again but I still get "SP3 is already installed" error.
However I did (since it's on a dev server) apply ts 5.5.2 sp4 and tst 5.5.2 sp4 (FYI Interwoven...you should let your techs know when these service packs are release...I talked to one and she was like "oh theres a SP4 out"...da)
Teamsite seemed to come up fine...and they also show up in my add/remove programs file (I figure that by apply sp4 I then can back it out and reapply sp3 which was my orriginal problem)
But I am now struggling with should I go with SP3 on my Prod serverr or SP4? any suggestions
The Professor-
Migrateduser
I asked the developers responsible for install, and they suggest looking for these keys in the registry, and delete them if they are there:
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Uninstall", see whether you can find the key "{1B309B8B-D8D2-42C9-AD78-1C8051A19104}"
AND/OR
under directory name "<SYSTEMDRIVE>\program files\installshield installation Information" directory - this key - "{1B309B8B-D8D2-42C9-AD78-1C8051A19104}"
hope this helps, please try this only on development servers. thanks.
lissa
POP-FONT.dcpackage
ProfessorX
No...that key/folder is no where to be found on my system....very strange.
I did find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{AC1401B5-DB23-42D2-BFB5-9346329C3DC9} which i do believe is TS 5.5.2 SP4.
I guess the question you could ask your developers lissa if you coould would be.
What happens to the registry keys when a later SP is installed (i.e what happens to the SP3 key when 4 is installed)?
And (In a perfect world) if one was installing SP3 and then upgrading to SP4 and then remove SP4 could one go back and install SP3 again?
The Professor-
Migrateduser
In a perfect world you can roll-back after an SP uninstall. For some reason there appears to be an issue with your registry.
I will ask the developers to respond directly to this post.
Regards,
lissa
Migrateduser
To confirm if a registry key is SP4 or not, check for the DisplayName on the right-hand side, it should say something like "Interwoven TeamSite 5.5.2 SP4".
The registry keys for SP3 and SP4 are independent of each other. In the perfect world, you should see both entries in Add/Remove. Since you lost the SP3 registry entry, I would recommend you to install SP4 since it contains everything in SP3 plus more. You could uninstall SP4 and then re-install SP3, but I would against it since your roll-backs could be messed up. In the perfect world, you can install SP3, then SP4, uninstall SP4, uninstall SP3, then re-install SP3. In your case, you may already have SP3 files applied and the rollbacks are pre-SP3, except for the messed up registry key.
Edited by chattywoven on 09/10/03 09:22 AM (server time).
JeanIns
Was this problem resolved?
Migrateduser
There were a lot of symptoms discussed in this thread. If you are having a problem with a fresh SP3 install, or upgrade from SP2, I recommend you start a new thread, describe your symptoms, op sys, etc
Regards,
lissa