Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Component Design ?
iw_store
For one of my requirement, I could have designed my DCT as follows,
Top level Replicant with items and wrapped under a container,
-- One will be Text field
-- Another will be replicant
Second replicant will have,
-- Text box
-- A VFE
My Question is, how can I design content XML of component using DATUM and GROUP elements, considering Group element cannot be kept under another Group element and Datum element cannot contain Group element ?
Any ideas ?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
iw_store
Hi Experts,
Any Help or ideas ?
Except creating DCR and using DCR Datum.
Rick Poulin
You're correct; the spdev guide says you can't nest GROUP elements. While I haven't tried, I take that to mean that nested replicants are not (yet) supported in SitePublisher proper. Good riddance I say.
You may want to consider refactoring your component structure such that a component is actually your top-level group, which then contains a text box and your second-level replicant. You'll likely end up with more components on your page than you want, but it does make it much more manageable and user-friendly than nested replicants ever will.