I have 12 dev/qa servers to which folks can push independently or in groups. Currently my users sync by pushing all content to individual servers. Is there a better aproach and/or process? This causes four and five hour OD jobs to run. Ugh!
This differs from the OpenDeploy default date-based comparison setting,where a file is deployed only if the source file is newer than the target file. A valueof yes indicates that the file should be deployed. Default value is no.
I will create a fan-out deployment. And this would be transactional - agree?
So - in my OD configuration I have dateDifferent="yes" but the documentation states Which makes me question if I should have this setting. Does having this set to YES mean that any date difference will cause a file to be pushed and if by leaving it blank I accept the default OD setting then only newer source files will be pushed?
And a question: is doing a comparison deployment configured completely in the OD configuration or is there a workflow portion of this? Or should it simply be run from OD by those authorized to do so. Can you point me to some examples?
I have the following in my OD configuration for one of these servers: This OD configuration is used by a workflow.[php] ignoreGroup="yes" checksumCompare="no" /> svrTryDisableOverwrite="no" rmReadOnly="no" compression="no" compressionLevel="" applySourceFileTime="yes" checksumVerify="no" byteIncremental="no" /> [/php]