Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How can I use open deploy to copy across ts env
balajiranjan
Hi,
I am setting up a production team site environment and need to copy certain branches from development team site to this production team site.
I want to use open deploy for this process, but it only gives me a option to compare current and previous editions to copy.
How can I do this?
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Balaji
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
ISCBorisB
it only gives me a option to compare current and previous editions to copy
That's incorrect, read OD manuals. You can compare to any edition or to target.
In your case you may for example compare to the "INITIAL" edition. Since it is empty, all Files will go.
Note that given proper access rights, OD Receiver can create directory structure for you. It will not
however create (sub)Branches / Workareas, that's your problem.
Crsb
When migrating a branch, most of the time you are just migrating the content in that branch, that means a deployment with a compare between the workarea/Staging/ an Edition in the old branch and the workarea in the new branch. then you manually migrate any needed custom code and reapply any custom configurations to the new branch.
you also have the option to use iwmigrate (find it in the CLT doc) to migrate a branch, but that is usually more involved process that requires copying/creating/activating/deactivating stores.