Hi All
First post so go easy on me

Does anyone know if it is possible to circumvent the default fixed area layout generation as it is playing havoc with an existing layout model I am using? It currently looks like I may have to re-write a large amount of code just to port into FAL.
In an ideal world I would like to be able to add hooks to my current templates to allow components to be inserted in the right places. Seems like a logical thing to want to do but FAL seem to force you to use a specific layout model.
I realise this might not be possible but no harm in asking

I am used to working with an MVC model which Live Site seems to do to an extent, the second you hit FAL it seems to put a barrier in place.
Anyone got any advice or willing to share their experiences?
Regards
hubub