Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Trying to use the web task paradigm from the PLC workflow
System
Hey guys,
I need to create a workflow based off of the Publish LiveSite Content workflow. The approach that was taken for the cgitasks is interesting to me, and I have it mostly figured out, but I'm missing one key detail. First, what I've figured out, in case others want to know:
1. Almost all of the cgitasks invoke /iw-cc/Workflow/WebTask.do, which is pretty clearly a struts action.
2. Looking in the struts-config.xml, one can see that it is configured to delegate the action out to Spring:
[PHP]
[/PHP]
3. Each instance of the tasks passes TaskBeanId in as a task variable. For instance, the attach dependencies task passes in workflow.task.DependencyTask
4. As you might imagine, there are beans configured in the resource files located in C:\Interwoven\TeamSite\httpd\webapps\content_center\WEB-INF\conf\livesite\resources that match these ids.
Which brings me to the question - what method in the class that backs the bean is used as the entry point. Had someone decompiled the classes that are used by the PLC workflow (which I would obviously never do, lest I inadvertently violate the DMCA), he might hypothetically notice that they do not have a consistently named entry point (you know, something like execute()). Hypothetically, they might each have a method that takes three arguments, a la
[PHP]public void attachDependencies(WebTaskContext context, HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response) {[/PHP]
Is Spring just using reflection to find a method with the right signature and invoking that, or what?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Interestingly, I just found Laurence Picquet's blog, where he talks a bit about this, but he had the opposite problem - he wanted to convert the generate task to a headless task rather than add another headful (?) task. His blog's a bit thin, but seems to have some good stuff:
http://lpicquet.wordpress.com/2009/08/28/generating-sitepublisher-pages-in-the-background-of-a-workflow/