Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Console install still doesn't work on Unix ?
nipper
OK tried an upgrade from 6.7.2 to 7.2.1 on Linux this weekend. The installer bit the dust after about 20 seconds and nothing in the logs of note.
When I set the DISPLAY variable and loaded my X-Windows server on my PC (which is a serious pain to do over VPN when you do not know the IP address), I was able to run the installer and complete the install.
Has anyone done an install on a Linux or Solaris install with the console or silent mode ?
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
aby_sam
Hi Andy,
Have you performed a silent install yet?
I am planning to do one, but a bit confused with a lot of "customer-data" in the IWOVTeamSite-Unix-7.2.1.silent_install.properties file.
Does it also mean that TS 7.2.1 doesn't allow a non-silent install for machines without xwindows ?
Thanks.
RH Linux 5.4
TS 7.2.1
OD 7.2.1
nipper
I had zero luck with the silent install as well. Same issues so I expect it will not work.
If you have the X libraries then install cygwin X on a PC and use a PUTTY client with X11 Forwarding checked.
GrandTotal.rptdesign
Frederik
utterly beside the point, but I managed a silent install of 7.2.1 on a fresh Win2008 machine (just in case anyone wonders)... it takes a while to get the silent.properties correct, but then it's ok (although of course OpenDeploy and TS-Search on Windows still use graphical installers). // good luck on your quest.