Hi I am trying to do someting pretty simple, but am new to TeamSite (7.1) and am struggling. I might be confusing a couple of issues here, so any advice is appreciated. I have a standard 960 grid layout for my site but it needs to be centered so that when people resize their browser it sits in the middle.I've achieved this to some degree by using no widths in my custom layout and letting my CSS sort it out. This works but breaks the rest of my layout, with things placed in a fixed-wdth central content column stacking up in a column when they should be filling the space to the edges.The only way to make this work is to add in widths to areas. This defeats the purpose of having a liquid layout - for me anyway.I have a fairly complex CSS as my site uses no tables.There must be a good/right way to do this. Can anyone help?
For every one else's benefit, I solved this by using some inline CSS.Hardly intuitive, I think, as I expected to be able to do this using my Layout.xml definition but in fact it can't be done by layout alone.Make sure your "inline-css" is set to true, then insert this under the <Name> tag at the top, e.g. Dammit can't seem to post this code msg me and I will provide it.[html]My super amazing layout &amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;gt; &amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;gt; /* These two styles force page centering. With these styles you do not need&amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;gt; * to check "Layout Options: Center" in the File: Page Settings menu.&amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;gt; */&amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;gt;&amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;gt; body {&amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;gt; text-align:center; /* this one may not be necessary */&amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;gt; }&amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;gt; &amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;gt; .ls-canvas {&amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;gt; margin:auto; /* this one seems to be the key */&amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;gt; text-align:left; /* this one simply undoes the body text align */&amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;gt; }&amp;amp;lt;br&amp;amp;gt;[/html]
<Name>