Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS 7.2.1 with migrated CS but no SP -- can ignore SPARS?
fiquebem
We've migrated from TS 6.5 to TS 7.2.1, without SitePublisher, on Windows 2008 EE SP2. The installation of TS 7.2.1 went fine (except for those problems mentioned earlier), but, because we migrated the TS 6.5 Content Store to TS 7.2.1, it lacks the "/iwadmin/main/spars" branch.
So, I removed "foundation_spar" from toolkits.xml and ran make_toolkit.ipl -target clobber and later "make_toolkit.ipl -target install."
The build seems to have worked fine, but I wasn't sure if anything might be missing. So, for the sake of having a complete installation, I looked in installer.log and ran "ant -f install_archive.xml" (after setting ANT_OPTS) to install the "foundation" SPAR.
The "spars" branch was created all right, but the archive installation failed with the following error:
[archiveinstaller] java.lang.NullPointerException
[archiveinstaller] at com.interwoven.ui.teamsite.filesys.blc.FileBranchConfigProvider.getFileFromConfigBranch(FileBranchConfigProvider.java:103)
[archiveinstaller] at com.interwoven.ui.teamsite.filesys.blc.FileBranchConfigProvider.getFileInputStreamFromConfigBranch(FileBranchConfigProvider.java:77)
...
What do I do now? Just copy the contents of the "spars" branch from the oginial Content Store to a temporary folder and then import those contents into the migrated Content Store? Or not bother at all?
I don't think the product documentation mentions any of this. Or did I miss something?
Thanks,
S.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
fiquebem
FYI, we found out the following from Autonomy Support said: "Since you're not using Sitepublisher, you can ignore SPARS."
S.
brizrobbo
....because we migrated the TS 6.5 Content Store to TS 7.2.1...
Did you migrate directly from TS 6.5 to TS 7.2.1? I just read the latest version of the 7.2.1
Release Notes
and it says that you can only upgrade directly from TS 6.7.2 SP2 to 7.2.1 (see pp. 7), not anything earlier!!
I have a case open with support to clarify.
buddha1
if you are not gonna use Livesite, you need not worry much about SPAR ( site publisher archives)