What is best practices in working on TeamSite ?
hire someone who knows what they are doing.
It's times like these where I really wished vBulletin had a "like" or "+1" button.
I wish that was the only thing missing. Maybe the community should start its own forum independent from Autonomy.Devnet has so much valuable info but because Autonomy is not maintaining, a lot of people can't use it and keep posting questions like this. New forums will allow us to add tons of new functionality (at least search). i will even vote for the hall of fame title holders to keep their titles and post #s in the new forums .
Why hire someone, when platinum and 2nd life-platinum members provide detailed, well documented solutions?
I wish that was the only thing missing. Maybe the community should start its own forum independent from Autonomy.Devnet has so much valuable info but because Autonomy is not maintaining, a lot of people can't use it and keep posting questions like this.New forums will allow us to add tons of new functionality (at least search). i will even vote for the hall of fame title holders to keep their titles and post #s in the new forums .
Much as I love the idea, the fact is that DevNet isn't going to go away. That means most users will use either DevNet or the new forum but not both, and as such, you'd just be fragmenting the knowledge base and the expertise.
I think a better idea would be for the majority of us to petition Autowoven....
I think a better idea would be for the majority of us to petition Autowoven to migrate their DevNet to a community-supported alternative. Whether that means copying the existing user base and content or not (probably unlikely), they could at least point users to the new forum and reference this one as an archive.
It's a *lot* of work with little reward. If there's some economics involved, it may make it better. How about a membership fee everyone?
People will go to where they can find help. for example, more developers get on here to find solutions than calling tech support which they are actually paying for.
Autowoven is an independent consulting firm
You make a good point. That's probably the primary factor that would drive people to that new site. However, I think asking for a membership fee is completely the wrong idea. Hosting services these days are cheap ($100/yr) and possibly even free if we can piggyback off someone's existing provider with a second domain, or if we can get leading IWOV consulting companies to pitch in. Putting a barrier to entry like $$$ that would prevent people from coming (everybody likes free) is, I think, contrary to the goals of helping our peers. And I think if people are willing to spend some time here, it's not that much more effort to help moderate (delete a spam post) every now and then.I'm starting a separate thread here to track interest in this idea.