Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Modify the built-in "Import" function
djminmin
Dear All
I would like to know whether we modify the built-in "Import" function to do additional jobs for specified workarea such as
- generate thumbnail when importing photos by using 3rd party program like ImageMagicK
- rename files
- connect to database to insert some info
And I would to know whether we can modify the file listing panel to specified workarea, so that the generated thumbnail can be display next to the imported file.
FYI, I m using TeamSite 6.7.1
Thanks
J
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
You can not modify the OOTB import functionality - at least not if you want to maintain your Support contract. Instead you'd have to build your own import function and then either add it to, or replace the OOTB, menus by following instructions in the UICG.
I don't think you can change the file listing mechanism the way you want - but that's a bit more in line within the customizations that are supported (to the extent that anything custom is supported)
djminmin
Thanks, ghoti
i will take a look the ui custom guide.