Is there a way to migrate CMS managed source to SVN?
I'm going to assume you meant something like this:Many customers implement a "Code" branch within the content store to centralize and version all customizations, and use a custom piece of code to copy them to appropriate places on the file system. This also makes it easier to move code from dev to test to prod. I'm thinking you meant you have this, and you want your "Code branch" to be in SVN now instead of TeamSite's content store.Yes, it's quite easy to port it over if you already have it set up this way. You'll just have to write a new piece to copy the code to a target TeamSite server, this time probably across the network. No, there is no tool that will do this for you. What you can do is install an SVN client on your TeamSite machine, and do an "svn import" from the Y drive (or /iwmnt) to SVN as the initial content import. From there on, the code deployment process is up to you.
Hi guys,Thank you for your kindful reply. Our TeamSite will be sunset next month, so now we're planning to migrate all the external/internal resource to SVN, such as java code, workflow configuration...so I'm wondering how to migrate and is it possible to keep versions after the migration?
Our TeamSite will be sunset next month,...
So you guys are moving away from TeamSite?
Yeah, we are moving away from TeamSite.Now I'm considering using iwrlog and iwcat command to migrate. My plan like this.1. Use shell script to list all the files to migrate.2. Use iwrlog to get all the versions for each file.4. User iwcat generate the content for each version and commit to SVN.But I'm wondering what are used to store the versions? Is it a database or just some directories. If it is a database, migration of that database is much more easier.