OK following the manual (6.7.2 SP Dev Guide - on Linux) for adding multiple sites to multiple Runtime Instances. Anyone do this ? The issue (I think is with the Java Bean). I have 3 different branches going to 3 different RTIs (Prod, Marketing, and Intranet).From the manual it says to replicate teh complete bean id="customer.teamsite.DeploymentService.OpenDeploy.DeploymentTargetMap" for each branch/RTIWhen I do that it kills the GUI with an error in the servletd_out log complaining about multiple beans customer.teamsite.DeploymentService.OpenDeploy.DeploymentTargetMapSo it looks like I should have multiple entry="Prod/Marketing/Intranet" inside a single bean. I do that and the 1st 2 work (Prod/Intranet) but the 3rd deployment (Marketing) is completely bypassed. I see some debug information (true/false) in the servletd log and assume that is from the WF, how can I tell what it is tracking ? I have walked through the manual 4 times and am pretty confident I have not missed something, but that is certainly possible.Anyone have this working ? Pointers ?
...I see some debug information (true/false) in the servletd log and assume that is from the WF, how can I tell what it is tracking ?...
As a guess, you'd probably have to make the target a datasource variable so that you can run some code during the instantiation which will read your configuration file and provide the right value.Alternatively (and probably my preference) would be to have an externaltask early in the workflow that reads the configuration file and sets the task variable on the deployment task to have the right information.Another alternative, though probably less desirable, would be to use a script variable for the task variable and write the logic in javascript - it's an alternative but not (IMO) a very good one given what you've indicated.
BUt that is what is screwed up, the custom_instantiation.cfg already has targets. They can be development and production, but it is trivial to change. A little more work to have 3 production tags and only allow one, depending on which branch is in use. So the WF already is build for that, and has the correct information. I just need to get it into the task variable.
Is the prompt on the instantiation form a "configurable variable" ?(it should be)Is the configurable variable a "Global" or "Job" variable?(not sure which may be needed, if you're using one and it isn't working, try doing it using the other one)Is the task variable set up to reference the same "configurable variable"?(it should be)