Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How does the installer find existing (LiveSite) installs ?
nipper
Linux LS 3.1 - iwinstall is still in the original location
Trying to run the upgrade to 7.1, running without common services (do not need them for runtime).
The installer does not recognize the current LS install and wants to install fresh. LS is installed, operational and live.
Zero logs created (that I can find)
Tips/Pointers/RTFMs appreciated
me
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
IW_Abhi
Did you find anything on this ? We are running into similar issue and URGENTLY need some input. Please advise
nipper
Our fix was specific to our environment and may not help you.
Unknown to me, some IT guys had converted the physical server to a Virtual Machine (using VMWare)
At that time, they missed the file /etc/defaultiwinstall which is what the installer was looking for.
I reinstalled LS 3.0.1 and then ran the upgrade, may not have needed the reinstall but I was being paranoid
IW_Abhi
Thanks much. I will try and see if that file can be located from the back up location
IW_Abhi
Just providing information on the resolution.
There were 2 issues :
1. First issue was the iwinstall folder was missing which had to be restored from the back up and
2. Second one was the Solaris 10 was in a local zone which needs to have been on the global zone