Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
MetaTagger Taxonomy update process.
sivaramiyer
I thought it would be great to know
how others are managing metatagger taxonomies, handling the update process, etc.
I use MetaTagger Studio to update the taxonomy, deploy the taxonomy from the MT web interface, and later move all the newly added/updated tags to the database (our sites are heavily taxonomy driven and we have content-url-tags relationships maintained in the database).
reason for asking this question being, we have one person within the entire organization who does.
1. cms development. 2. cms admin 3. handles prod issues 4. Mt updates and 5. everything else that comes from the content producers.
I was wondering whether I could relinquish control over at least MT updat process to an exec.producer/or a lead producer thus freeing up some of my time that i can use to concentrate on better things!
thanks!
Sivaram
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
sivaramiyer
seems like MT is no longer used by anyone.
)
sanu
Please explain your requirement in more detail; are you looking for a solution which is not completely technical or in other words, are you looking for a simplified process for updating tags which could be completely handled by a non-technical business user?
sivaramiyer
Sanal -
I'm not looking for a technical solution, rather would like to understand the process that others have in place to update the vocabularies.
We cannot let the taxonomy update process to a non-technical business user in its current form, due to organization restrictions and monitoring in place. We are open to rolling out a new solution that integrates within (preferably) TeamSite that lets a non-technical user to update the taxonomy in a streamlined manner, without having to go through several different applications or places (Studio, MT Admin GUI, ThirdParty Monitoring App etc.,).
Currently, a tech person updates the taxonomy, some thing that was previously done by an SEO/Librarian/Taxonomy person. I was wondering there is any custom solution anyone has thought about or rolled out to make the taxonomy update process easier.
Thanks!
Sivaram