Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Integrating with WPS
nipper
OK I have LSDS installed on a Webshere server. We will use WPS instead of TomCat.
I assume that normal SP/LS development goes on here, i.e. everything is in a .page file and LSDS basically manages everything, Any WPS code would have to be made into a component. Are there any other options ? The customer wants WPS to manage the page and yet wants the flexibility of LS/SP. I am not seeing a way to do that.
TS 721 on Linux
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dobrien
Are you using Portal? Or WPS as a standard Java app container?
(Topic_36978)BIRT_Designer_Pro_3.1_MultipleHyperlinksInASingleDataRow.rptdesign
nipper
No portal, WPS standard
dobrien
The LSDS tag library exposes a way to render LSDS .page files within a box inside a JSP page. WAS allows JSP. I'd recommend that in this case.
There are quite some complications when you use Portal wrapping JSP, and Autonomy has a solution for that. So I would recommend (for anyone doing Portal and JSP, not you nipper) to not use the Tag Library directly, and to look at the Autonomy solution first.
nipper
Cool, is there a doc that describes this (render a .page withing a box in a jsp) ?
Also, throwing another wrinkle. Targeting functionality it required. Highly unlikely portal would be used, can Targeting work with the app server in this mode ?
Also, I noticed I had used the WPS acronym, which stands for portal, but we are not using it. Sorry for the confusion.
Andy
dobrien
Hey Andy, yes, see the Web Solutions RUNTIME install guide under the section “Embed LiveSite Pages for LSDS”
YearOverYear4.rptdesign