Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
OD Receiver Installer Exits prematurely | Help
RajatChopra
OpenDeploy Receiver 7.2.1
Red Hat EL 5.5
We tried installing OD receiver using the installers provided. The first install failed because of some error, which we assumed to be insufficient privileges as we were running the command as 'sudo'.
We went and cleaned up the iwinstall folder without looking into the details of the failure.
Now when we start the installation, it quits after asking the first step of accepting the licensing agreement.
the install log for the latest failed installation is attached. Any clues on how to solve this are greatly appreciated.
It seems the installer thinks that some residue of the previous installation is still left over, though we've not been able to find anything to that affect.
Thanks,
Rajat
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
nipper
It says you have OD 5.X installed. Is that the case ?
check /etc and /etc/init.d for anything OD related.
RajatChopra
Thanks for the response Andy.
Yes it does say that, but we had never installed any Interwoven product on that server previously. Also, I read the release notes and it said that in case of a pre 6.x installation being present on the server, the 7.2.1 installer will allow you to install the newer version in parallel to the existing one. I am not sure why it quits the installer with that statement.
Nevertheless, I've checked both /etc/ and /etc/init.d for 'iw' and 'iwod' and it returns nothing. As the server is relatively new, the folders contain very few files anyway.
I just opened a support ticket with Interwoven as well.
Thanks,
Rajat
nipper
run
ls /etc/*iw* (just in case defaultiwodhome is there)
Is the a VM ? Can you restore a snapshot ? That may be faster than waiting for support
nipper
You should try editing the install script and looking at where it failed. You should see a strong possibility.
RajatChopra
I am extremely grateful for your help. I wish there was a way to thank people virtually!
the ls /etc/*iw* did the trick. there were 2 files there. removing them made the installer run smoothly and i was able to install it in under a minute.
Thanks a TON, ANDY!!!!
-Rajat