Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Folder permissions via windows share
pdasarat
Hi,
I'm kind of stuck in a situation where I would want to disable edits on a folder (DTDS) in a workarea (username) owned by the user and shared by a common windows group.
I've added in the restrictions on submit.cfg and after I submit the file the files under the folder are not editable from TeamSite UI, but when the user tries to edit the file via windows share, he is able to edit the file, login to TeamSite and submit the file. So this kind of defeats the purpose of submit.cfg
When I verified the file/folder permissions on windows it doesn't show the username and only shows the permissions that I had set in submit.cfg.
But looks like since the workarea is owned by the user, windows share is allowing the user to make edits even though he is not allowed to edit files.
Has anyone encountered this issue or any suggestions on how to handle this?
FYI: I'm on TS 6.7.1 SP1 & windows 2003
Thanks,
Pradeep
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
There are no comments yet