Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
UDS Standalone DD not deleting from DB
System
When I delete a DCR it's not being deleted from the DB.
I initiate the same workflow and call iwdd.ipl with the same configuration file.
The file is removed from both staging and the workarea but is still in the DB (both the table and IWTRACKER)
anyone have an idea why ? Am I doing something wrong ?
Merry Christmas to all you other Teamsiteniks out there !
/nick
A deployment section from my configuration file looks like this -
<!--###########################################################-->
<!-- SYNOPSIS -->
<!--###########################################################-->
<deployment name="synopsis">
<source>
<teamsite-templating-records options="wide" area="/default/main/Empower2en/WORKAREA/Home">
<path name="templatedata/synopsis/synopsis/data" visit-directory="deep"/>
</teamsite-templating-records>
</source>
<destinations>
<database db="<blah>" user="<blah>" password="<blah>" vendor="microsoft-inetuna" update-type="standalone" state-field="state" delete-tracker="yes" enforce-ri="no">
<dbschema>
<group name="Synopsis" table="Synopsis" root-group="yes">
<attrmap>
<column name="SynopsisID" data-type="INTEGER" value-from-field="SynopsisID" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="TitleText" data-type="VARCHAR(255)" value-from-field="Title Text" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="SubTitleText" data-type="VARCHAR(255)" value-from-field="Subtitle Text" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="BodyText" data-type="VARCHAR(255)" value-from-field="Body Text" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="PageID" data-type="INTEGER(19)" value-from-field="Page Number" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="VerticalPositionOrderNumber" data-type="INTEGER" value-from-field="Vertical Order Position" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="ImagePath" data-type="VARCHAR(255)" value-from-field="Picture" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="LanguageID" data-type="INTEGER(19)" value-from-field="LanguageID" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="SalesRegionID" data-type="INTEGER(19)" value-from-field="Sales Region" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="UserGroupID" data-type="INTEGER(19)" value-from-field="User Group" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
</attrmap>
<keys>
<primary-key>
<key-column name="SynopsisID"/>
</primary-key>
</keys>
</group>
</dbschema>
</database>
</destinations>
</deployment>
(NOTE: I have replaced the db details with <blah> for the purpose of this inclusion
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
you specified the relative path of the 'data' directory in the source. for deletes to work, you would need to use a filelist deployment in which the relative path of the deleted file is included or a differential deployment between two areas. Or, specify the relative of the filename directly in the path value in the source.
Migrateduser
Thanks !
Works a treat now
/nick
MartinAtCitat
Nick, could you please shortly describe how you succeeded. I am struggling with a simliar issue, where I have a workflow that is submitting and deploying to a database. Somehow, I can not delete records from the DB.
When trying using filelists, I always seem to get an error message saying that the file pointed out cant be found/processed.
I suspect that I am doing something in the wrong order... Any help is greatly appreciated
Best Regards
Martin
Citat Solutions AB
Stockholm, Sweden
Migrateduser
I am experiencing the same issue, my iwdd.ipl call will delete the DCRs but not the associated database entries. here is some snippets of my config files, any help would be greatly aprpecaited!
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<data-deploy-configuration>
<data-deploy-elements filepath="D:\iw-home\INTERW~1\DATADE~1/conf/database.xml" />
<client>
<deployment name="commentary_commentary">
<source>
<!-- Pull DCRs of same type from filelist -->
<teamsite-templating-records mode="wide,full"
area="main/fii/STAGING/templatedata/commentary/commentary/data"
>
<path filelist = "e:\\iwov_dumpdir\\commentary_commentary.filelist"
delete-after-use = "no"/>
</teamsite-templating-records>
</source>
<destinations>
<database use = "XXXXXXXXXXX"
update-type = "standalone"
>
<!--BEGIN { Database sub-elements for UDS tables-->
<dbschema>
<group name="comm" table="commentary_commentary__comm" root-group="yes">
<attrmap >
<column name="IW_State" data-type="varchar(255)" value-from-field="state"/>
<column name="Path" data-type="varchar(255)" value-from-field="path"/>
<column name="content_id" data-type="NUMBER" value-from-field="content_id" allows-null="no" is-url="no"/>
<column name="Heading1" data-type="VARCHAR2(255)" value-from-field="Heading1" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="commentary_type" data-type="VARCHAR2(255)" value-from-field="Metadata/0/commentary_type" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="commentary_subtype" data-type="VARCHAR2(255)" value-from-field="Metadata/0/commentary_subtype" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="madden_comm" data-type="VARCHAR2(5)" value-from-field="Metadata/0/madden_comm" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="publish_date" data-type="DATE" value-from-field="Metadata/0/publish_date" data-format="MM-dd-yyyy" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="expiration_date" data-type="DATE" value-from-field="Metadata/0/expiration_date" data-format="MM-dd-yyyy" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="audience_category" data-type="VARCHAR2(1000)" value-from-field="Metadata/0/audience_category" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="audience_firm" data-type="VARCHAR2(500)" value-from-field="Metadata/0/audience_firm" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="teaser" data-type="VARCHAR2(255)" value-from-field="Metadata/0/teaser" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="teaser_link_text" data-type="VARCHAR2(255)" value-from-field="Metadata/0/teaser_link_text" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="teaser_image" data-type="VARCHAR2(255)" value-from-field="Metadata/0/teaser_image" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="teaser_byline_name" data-type="VARCHAR2(255)" value-from-field="Metadata/0/teaser_byline_name" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="search_keywords" data-type="VARCHAR2(255)" value-from-field="Metadata/0/search_keywords" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
<column name="meta_search_phrases" data-type="VARCHAR2(255)" value-from-field="Metadata/0/meta_search_phrases" allows-null="yes" is-url="no"/>
</attrmap>
<keys >
<primary-key >
<key-column name="content_id" />
</primary-key>
</keys>
</group>
</dbschema>
<!-- END } Database sub-elements for UDS tables-->
</database>
</destinations>
</deployment>
Filelist looks like this:
CN_ER_PR_10222003_11249_NoProjectNameFound.xml
CN_ER_PR_102203_2_11244_G28691-67.xml
In Por Ylem
Join the most popular player-run UO shard
Migrateduser
Okay like ArmchairExpert said you need to replace the data path with a variable e.g. -
<path name="$filepath" visit-directory="deep"/>
This variable can be passed to your DDconfig file via the DD command like -
iwperl $iwddbin/iwdd.ipl cfg=$ddcfgfile deployment=$DCTtype filepath=$filepath wa=$ddwa
(as you can see i also pass in a relative workarea too)
[MartinAtCitat if you are reading this then förlåt att jag inte svarade tidigare men jag ha precis sett ditt svar]
Edited by nichporter on 06/03/04 03:58 AM (server time).