I am trying to put a search query together that will, in a nutshell, find all the expired files that are not in 2 specific file paths. Should be easy with the wizzbang set of constraints that IW provides to accomplish such an easy task, but this is Interwoven after all, so it will not be easy.Here are the basic requirements. We have an existing search query (built with the Java CSSDK) that determine if a file is expired based on its 'Expired Date" metadata. This works fine. Due to some new functionality, I now need to make sure the expiration process does not expire any files in these relative paths:this/relative/path*this/other/relative/path*Keep in mind there are about a dozen other folders within the root "this" folder where we do want to expire files. I designed the query as this:[HTML] [/HTML]
<AND> <current Expiration Date Constraints><OR> <NOT> <path="this/relative/path*"/> <path="this/other/relative/path*"/> </NOT></OR></AND>
*
.*
Never mind - upon further review, this query does not work either.
My support case on this is finally making some progress. They have confirmed that it is not doing the right thing. When I use the logic: [HTML][/HTML] rather than exclude results with any path matching this/relative/path*, it returns results that excludes:this OR relative OR path*Ooops. So the workaround so far is for me to use only path* in my query but this will not be sufficient since path is likely too generic.Not sure what the ultimate solution will be but I'm hoping it's a bug they can patch.
<NOT><path="this\/relative\/path*"/></NOT>
It won't be exactly what you need, but it may get you close (and it also may filter out something you want)
...No way this would fly.