Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Visual Format and Tables
MattP
Hi all-
I am trying to customize the Visual format editor. I have used the developers guide from Ektron, with no luck. (BTW - the documentation is pretty poor).
Here is what I am trying to do.
I would like to use my html table code when a user adds a table and/or restrict the table options in the insert table dialog box. This is so I can add my styles and widths. The editor handles widths pretty poorly.
I have tried setting the default text in the text area. Seems like there is a limit to the number of characters.
I have tried creating a custom command in the editor as documented in the Ektron developers guide. I can't get it to work.
I would rather not use a series of text boxes for each cell. Just too many boxes.
Has anyone implemented a custom command, or figured a good way of allowing tables with custom code?
Thanks in advance
Matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
AmyRush
I don't know if this will help, but we have many troubles with controlling things in the VFE too.
What we ended up doing was applying a "cleaning" mechanism to the output of the VFE in the Presentation template. Meaning, We just use regex to replace or remove parts of the generated HTML to be more in control of the output.
MattP
Yea, it is really a pain to work with. Basically what I ended up doing was inserting a table with one row and three cells as the default in the text area. I had to use escape characters for the greater thans and less thans. Then I restrict the user to only add or remove columns and rows. The resulting html has my style sheet classes and my widths.
The REGEX you are doing is probably a better solution. I think version 3 of VFE can generate XHTML.
good luck
Matt
Matthew Petitjean
BOC Group
Murray Hill, NJ 07974 USA