I was looking at the Role Details for Site Manager and it says edit sitemap. Do they have normal edit access to the branch/workarea ?
Could the Sitemap be locked ?
FYII just ran a test myself. Could not get write access to the component guide sitemap but when I created a new site with that user I was able to change nodes without a problem. I expect it is a permissions issue.
I don't think so, or at least I don't think that's the issue - I (as Master) could see the New Node option not grayed-out.
Well if you have new node access, you *may* own the lock. Maybe we can get someone to explain locking to you.
/default/main/branch/WORKAREA/wa/sites/*/default.sitemap
That is normal. I assume you checked the Edit Sitemap ability in the role.
% iwroleadm all-operations | egrep -i "\.site"iw.livesite.create.siteiw.livesite.edit.siteiw.livesite.edit.site.mapiw.livesite.webtrends.sitereports% iwroleadm operations "Site Manager" | egrep -i "\.site"iw.livesite.create.siteiw.livesite.edit.siteiw.livesite.edit.site.mapiw.livesite.webtrends.sitereports
Try assigning a specific user to that role, just in case
% iwaccess all-permission-entries-of-user astoller Master//ts-server/default/main/branch-name Content Editor,Content Manager,Content Reviewer,Site Manager,admin//ts-server/iwadmin/main/workflowModels workflowUser//ts-server/iwadmin/main/livesite/component Site Manager//ts-server/iwadmin/main/livesite/template Site Manager% iwaccess all-permission-entries-of-user another_user Non-Master//ts-server/default/main/branch-name Content Editor,Content Manager,Content Reviewer,Site Manager,admin//ts-server/iwadmin/main/workflowModels workflowUser//ts-server/iwadmin/main/livesite/component Site Manager//ts-server/iwadmin/main/livesite/template Site Manager