Thanks for the reply Ghoti. I have implemented the solution as you have suggested using iwat to create event handlers and was able to get some environmental variables out of @ARGV.
Would monitoring the Interwoven Utilites Daemon service be enough in your opinion to keep tabs on any event handlers we create using iwat.exe or should we do more?
That should be sufficient to make certain that the event handlers get *started*, but obviously will not do squat if you have a bug in the logic. I have set up a "heartbeat" process on something that is repeatable on a schedule, just before it completes, touch a specific file and with my monitoring program I watch the update time of that file.
The scripts we'd be triggering have been used for years without logic changes so I'm fairly confident that as long as they are being called and iwat.exe is alive we'll be ok. They also have logging files they write to each time they are called.
And when somebody, for some reason, modifies one of those files .... ?General rule - don't ever trust code to not change (pardon the double-negative) unless it's burned into a chip - and even then....