Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
copying dcr's from one workarea to another workare
rajnag
I want to copy DCR's and Generated HTML files from one TeamSite Workarea to another TeamSite Workarea in an external script. I used iwcp to copy files from one workarea to another workarea but its not working.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Bubas_IWOV
Hi,
Use the iwupdate <source> <target> it will copy the files with the extended attributes
Bruno
megamala
iwcp should work, it preserves extended attributes. Have you installed Service packs. It gives problem, if you don't install service packs.
Thanks in Advance
MM Guptha
output.pdf
TotalBottom.zip
rajnag
I have applied the service packs and all the critical pathes. Still it does not copy the file.
Migrateduser
Does iwcp work when it is called from outside of workflow (i.e., from a command prompt)? Perhaps the PATH is not being specified correctly.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
rajnag
Hi Brinko,
I have tried it form the command line but it gives the same result. The command runs successfully i.e. %iw-home/bin/iwcp /default/main/branch1/WORKAREA/workarea/file1 /default/main/branch2/WORKAREA/workarea/file1 when I run this command it copy’s the file to same src i.e. “/default/main/branch1/WORKAREA/workarea/” directory with the name of the destination file path i.e. “/default/main/branch2/WORKAREA/workarea/file1” .
TeamSite 5.0.1 with Service Pack2 on SunSolaris 5.7.
rajnag.
Edited by rajnag on 12/18/03 06:25 PM (server time).
Migrateduser
Sorr, I had no idea that this was your problem. Your original post simply said "its not working", which I assumed meant that no copy was being made.
What you have described sounds similar to bug 25508 which was fixed in 5.0.2 SP1 and in 5.5.2. However, as far as I can tell iwcp is not a documented CLT. Have you tried using iwupdate instead?
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
RuntimeConnector.doc
rajnag
Hi Brinko,
I have tried iwupdate it works fine. iwupdate does not work when you try to copy a new dcr's from one branch to another branch. I will not be able to preserve EA's if I do a System copy.
Any other suggestion of how to accomplish this would be a great help.
Thanks
rajnag.
Migrateduser
When you say "iwupdate does not work", what do you mean? Does it not make a copy? Does the copy not have the EAs? It should work.
The only work-around that I can think of (short of upgrading) would be to write your own copy script that first copies the file and then copies over the EAs.
BTW, I discovered that iwcp is a supported CLT, but it was accidentally omitted from some versions of the CLT manual.
Brinko Kobrin
Interwoven Staff Engineer
rajnag
when ther is no corresponding file in the destination directory iwupdate retruns this error code ERROR:00920: Error locating the destination file.
rajnag.
JonathonG
Try supplying just the area path for the second parameter. So, to copy a file from:
/default/main/WORKAREA/wa1/blah/blah/blah.txt
to:
/default/main/WORKAREA/wa2/blah/blah/blah.txt
Just do:
iwupdate /default/main/WORKAREA/wa1/blah/blah/blah.txt /default/main/WORKAREA/wa2
Jonathon
Independent Interwoven Contractor
rajnag
Thanks Jonathon that works.
pammi
Hi,
I want to do similar thing like you posted in this. I want to copy dcr from one branch to another branch .While copying i want to set extended attributed .
Could you please give some suggestion on this. Have you done through user interface or command line.
Thanx in advance
ING.zip
Migrateduser
See the CLT manual. Look for iwextattr
or search the forum for iwextattr - plenty of posts on this one already.
nipper
THere is a script that will copy EAs. I also posted a script that will only fix any DCRs in templatedata
and make certain the EAs are set properly for templating.
Check the tech library.
Andy
herald10
From UI you can use the menu item 'File->Copy To Area'. It retains all the EAs of the files its copying.
HTH
pammi
Thanx for your reply.
File->Copy to Area is working but we need to have same folder at destination otherwise it will create one.
Actually i want to copy DCR A from branch1 and Category A to Category B in another branch .So i need to give user interface where i can all dcr based on category once user selects set of dcrs user will select target location .
thanx in advance
herald10
If it creates a directory for you, then you can always rename it to what ever you want. I am a little bit confused about what you want here.
pammi
Here is the my issue for more explanation.
We have dcr 's in one branch .Same dcr user want to reuse inanother branch but they different categories .So they want to open existing dcr's from another branch in new format (may be some fields to fill) and save it in new branch.
branch1 -dcr
tile
summary
price
brach2-dcr
tile
price
comment
in branch 2 we have only tile price no summary. So user need facily to copy dcr to new branch when it opens in new branch they will have title and price they will enter only comment and save dcr.
Hope this time it is clear
Adam Stoller
You can do what you want through various CLT (or perhaps CSSDK) calls - but it isn't clear that the end result will get you what you're aiming at.
Unless the DCT structures are identical - changing the DCT associated with a DCR is generally a hit-or-miss kind of prospect and you may lose content data stored in the DCR when it is first edited against the new DCT.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
Adam Stoller
My guess is your best bet is to just copy the file (File::Copy) and then apply EAs as desired (iwextattr), and if need be, wrap a UI around the whole thing.
Obviously the more "niceness" you want around the UI - the more code you'll need to write.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com