Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwperl SP3
carnix
It appears, with the SP3 update, that the perl engine has been changed. None of the ipl scripts that I have written, or that were written by the Interwoven consultant who help with implementation work now. Has anyone else seen this problem??
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
That just can't be. Surely a change that drastic would be well documented.
When you say they no longer work, what do you mean? Do you get an error message? Have you tried running one from the command line? Windows or Solaris?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
carnix
Windows 2000.
Some give a standard perl error, some not. It sort of depends on the script I guess. It looks to me like the way iw-perl handles ENV variables has changed. I'm sure if I had time to get in and hack around it's probably not a big deal, but the problem is, until it gets solved, the system won't do what it's supposed to do...
I don't see any option other than reverting back to SP2 for now... ugh.
Migrateduser
We have SP3 installed on a Solaris system and it seems to be executing my perl scripts just fine. Granted, I don't do a lot with environment variables. But the scripts run properly.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
carnix
hrm.. well. After a closer look, it's not just ENV variables... Well, it is in one script, but not in all of them and in one case, the code that handles ENV in one script doesn't in another and they both worked perfectly on Friday (I installed SP3 yesterday / Monday). I'm afraid reverting to SP2 could cause more problems than it would solve...
guess I'm in for a long night, and it's Buffy's last episode!! =]
Migrateduser
The problems you're seeing with your perl scripts might just be a byproduct of a bigger problem with your SP3 installation. The first time we installed SP3, nothing would work. We had to back it out and do it again. The problem was related to Unix, so I can't offer any other suggestions. Sorry. Better go home and set your VCR up then come back.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
carnix
Well.. my wife actually broke the VCR while trying to get a tape out that some how jammed in it... not sure how taking the thing apart and breaking the tape carrage off and prying off a tape head constitutes fixing something... but still. short version: no VCR.
However, I'm wondering if it's not a problem related to the backing stores. You know how 5.5 introduced the ability to use multiple stores... well, we have default and www, www being where most of the action takes place. What little is happening in default isn't having a problem... What is it with developers and hardcoded paths?
Johnny
Hey Dave,
Is there a heads up on installing SP3 on solaris???
John Cuiuli
Consultant
Sydney, Australia
Migrateduser
It's probably just us, but for whatever reason our umask was set to 022 on the server we installed SP3 on and that set some permissions on certain important files up in such a way that it screwed up the installation. Once we backed it out and reset the umask, it installed properly. So far it seems to be working, but we only tested it by running a workflow through it. We haven't really stressed it out yet - it's just our development server.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Johnny
Ok.. thanks for the note.
After reading the list of fixes, im still shaking in my boots when I think about installing it.
John Cuiuli
Consultant
Sydney, Australia
Migrateduser
It's what's not on the list of fixes that they did that should scare you.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
laj1
Well.. my wife actually broke the VCR while trying to get a tape out that some how jammed in it... not sure how taking the thing apart and breaking the tape carrage off and prying off a tape head constitutes fixing something... but still. short version: no VCR.
However, I'm wondering if it's not a problem related to the backing stores.
I'm not sure how your wife breaking the VCR has anything to do with your IWOV backing stores.
But, if you set your toaster oven to
Waffle
, the workflow engine executes external tasks twice as fast.
Len.
Len Jaffe
My Heart Is A Flower
Update your DevNet profile - let us know who you are!
Migrateduser
My toaster is internet-enabled and some guy in Sweden keeps burning my toast.