Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
How to debug?
gsheebu
hi,
The iwsend_mail.ipl that i'm using in my email task gets executed, but the mail is not received. The debug file mentioned in the iw.cfg only says 'Mail sent successfully' but the mail is not received. How can I debug this further? Any idea what the problem is?
Regrads
Shiv
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Hi Shiv,
I don't think the info. you have provided is enough to look into the issue and make a recommendation. If you really need help you better provide the iwsend_mail.ipl (if customized), iw.cfg and the code snippet of the email (external)task.
However, here is my guess, if you are using email_map.cfg, probably it is going to wrong email address or the user might not be listed at all in the file.
If I were you, I would try running the iwsend_mail.ipl from the command prompt with appropriate parameters. That would probably help you to dig into little deeper.
hope this helps,
Raghu
Raghu
INTERWOVEN
gsheebu
Hi Raghu,
The iwsend_mail.ipl is the same that came with IW 5.5.2. I have made no changes to it. OS is Win 2K server. Here is the snippet of iw.cfg
[iwsend_mail]
maildomain=****.com
mailserver=10.5.0.15
use_mapping_file=true
email_mapping_file=d:\iw-home\local\config\wft\email_map.cfg
debug_output=d:\iw-home\local\logs\iwsend_mail.log
Following is the line in my wft:
<command v='d:/iw-home/iw-perl/bin/iwperl d:/iw-home/bin/iwsend_mail.ipl -t
sganesan@****.com
-f
sganesan@****.com
-s "Test mail"'/>
Sending the mail to myself. This code works from the workflow as well as command line but the mail is not received. PLease help me debug the problem. Is there some mail server setting that is causing this blockade?
Regards
Shiv
Adam Stoller
Do you have access to someone on your site who is responsible for maintaining and monitoring your SMTP servers? If so - get them involved.
--fish
Senior Consultant, Quotient Inc.
http://www.quotient-inc.com
rajnag
I had the same problem user was not geting email notification, but when I restarted the server user was receiving email notification.
rajnag.