I am using LSCS deployment also so OpenDeployWebroot.xml is over-ridden by commit-deploy-plc.xml.
Its a simple OD concept but I am getting error that definition does not exist in XML even though its there.
I am facing the same issue.Did you get it resolved ?
We are using TeamSite 7.3.2 on Window 2008 R2 Enterprise.
We are trying to customize, PLC workflow to Deploy all content(static + .pages) to Application server (LiveSite) and static content to Web Server (OpenDeploy Receiver without DataDeploy).
Can someone help with sample commit-deploy-plc.xml configue file for above scenario for multiple execDeploymentTask and filtering for static files.
Everybody has different requirements, so it's a lot easier if you try this yourself first, and then post your config when you need help resolving errors.
We have implemented Fan Out deployment to Application Server (LiveSite) using "Publish Live Site" workflow using LSCS.
We are need solution for addition deployment for static content to Web Server (OpenDeploy Receiver without DataDeploy). Was thinking that we can add another task to "commit-deploy-plc.xml" configue file.
Addition task should take care for deploying static files to Web server.
Currently, we need approach/solution for same, before implemented into our environment.
It's been a while since I looked at it, but I believe the OOTB PLC WFM provides for a deployment task of static web content to the web server -- take a closer look at all the different deployment tasks in that workflow and the various task properties and any associated configuration files.
I don't know offhand if fish is right -- I haven't looked at recent updates to the PLC -- but I've always done it the way you're proposing. That said, I'm not entirely sure what you're looking for. As I've already said, nobody here is going to build the solution for you. Try something first. Doesn't matter if it works or not, actually put some sweat into it and then we can help you get it right.