I am looking for guidace on best ways to impliment TeamSite for pages with multiple conctibutors. Any guidance or documentaton would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
PK
You need to be a bit more precise in your question:
In general, I'd say that TeamSite is not particulary good for concurrent editing of anything, especially within a single workarea (it provides some functionality for dealing with concurrent edits in different workareas, but that would not apply if you're talking about SitePublisher pages since SitePublish only works with single workareas).
So - the more specific and detailed you can be with your question, the more specific and detailed we can be with our answers.
Also - do you have any familiarity with the product? If you haven't read the manuals and/or gone through training - you should - because the forums are not really a substitute for base-knowledge of the product.
Thanks for the replay and sorry the question was vaugue. What I am trying accomplish is to have dynamic pages that contain content from multiple content owners and have those content owner just have access to editing thier piece of the page. This will be for TeamSite 7.4 using forms publisher.
As far as my knowledge of TeamSite it is very limited but I have not been able to find a good product knowledge base. Any suggestions would be great. I don't have acces to the documentation that is within the instalation I am working on.
Thanks for any suggestions.
If you don't have access to the product documentation - get it!
Whomever you're working for should have access to get that documentation and should provide it to you.
You say you're talking about FormsPublisher DCRs - not SitePublisher Page files - right?
And you indicate that different people will be responsible for filling out different parts of the DCR?
That's a strange model, and one that I generally would not recommend.
I think you need to get an experienced TeamSite architect involved in your project ASAP - because based on what you're saying and the amount of experience (or lack thereof) you seem to be indicating that you have - you are very likely to end up either wasting a tremendous amount of time atempting to build a sub-optimal solution to your customer's needs.
If you're interested in doing this kind of work in the long-term, you need to get access to the documentation and should try to get some formal training (either from HP or one of several other companies that provide HP/Autonomy/Interwoven training)