Hi,We have a fresh installation of TS 7.3.1 on Red Hat Linux 5.3.We have generated html pages from DCT + xslt (PT). But html output page doesn't open in IE. It gives connection fail error (err msg below).iwproxy was unable to open a connection to: server_name:81Reason: Transport endpoint is not connected. I've checked iw.cfg, customer_webserver_port=81.Please help guys.Thanks,Retesh
Yea, apache is not listing. You can use apachectl to start it. Check google for instructions to have it start on boot.During the install process of TeamSite, it should have modified httpd.conf to move apache to port 80, assuming the proper information was provided to the installer.
I believe you meant to move apache to port 81 - since iwwebd (which is also apache, but a "private" version for TeamSite use only) should be running on port 80.
Thanks Guys. The preview problem got resolved by starting apache for linux. The conf file already had entry to listen on port 81. I think this gets written during installation.But, I am facing another issue at the moment. We did iwreset after making some config changes post preview issue fix. Now, iwwebd is not starting through iwreset. When i try to start it using clt from IWWEBD_HOME then it returns with an error cannot start web daemon due to a library file not found.When I preview html, it returns with a screen "IW Web Daemon was unable to coonect to IW Proxy.... Contact Interwoven Admin..."Would I need to reboot the linux box to fix this. I somehow dont feel if any conf file entries are required. Please suggest
Is it iwwebd that failed to start, or iwproxy?If there's a library missing, I'd think that this problem would have pre-existed your issue with the "customer web server" apache - but it didn't sound like you had this problem before. Are you attempting to start iwwebd as root?A reboot should not be necessary, but on the other hand, if the processes do not start correctly when you do reboot the server - then you definitely have a problem that needs to be addressed.
IWHOME/iw-webd/bin/iwwebd
Try explicitly stopping iwwebd first - then check with your netstat to make sure it's not there - and then try starting it again.It's possible that it somehow got into a strange state in which it's not completely down nor completely up.For the library thing - try running ldd on IWHOME/iw-webd/bin/iwwebd and post the results.
Stopping iwwebd doesn't work as the server is already stopped. How should i run Idd. iwwebd is a file, not a directory.Thanks.