LSCS 7.3.2 New Installation - Search Server Repository DOWN

Hi,

I have just finished the installation of LiveSite Content Services in Linux.

To verify that the index service was running, I try to connect to the URL: http://localhost:8080/lscs/v1/admin/status and the status is SUSPENDED.

I am getting the following:

I have seen in the lscs.log the following error:

[ERROR] SearchServerRepositoryCheckerImpl - Failed to get IDOL server process ID
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to http://localhost:9000 refused

I have installed TeamSite Search before installing LSCS and I started the services: iw.idol, iw.tsconnector and iw.tssearch

I have checked the services and, nothing is running in port 9000...

My configuration in the file .../runtime/webapps/lscs/WEB-INF/classes/lscs-conf.properties is:

# search service configs
searchService.query.host=localhost
searchService.query.port=9000
searchService.index.host=localhost
searchService.index.port=9001
#see release notes for how to manually configure status host and port. Defaults to the query host/port.
searchService.status.host=localhost
searchService.status.port=9000
#see release notes for how to manually configure export port. Defaults to the query port.
searchService.export.port=9000

And my configuration in Search (../etc/search.properties) is:
iw.search.server.port=6720
iw.search.server.threadpool.maxthreads=50
iw.search.server.threadpool.warmthreads=10
iw.search.server.threadpool.keepalivetime=60000

iw.idol.index.host=localhost
iw.idol.index.port=9001
iw.idol.index.status.port=9000
iw.idol.query.host=localhost
iw.idol.query.port=9000

I have tried to restart LSCS but I have not found in /etc/init.d iwlscscontent, so I execute iwreset -ui...

I am getting the same error message.

I will appreciate your help!

Thanks and br,

Comments

• I don't have a 7.3.2 system handy - so what do you see when you do an: /bin/ls /etc/init.d/iw*

They sometimes have changed the name of the start script for IDOL...

Also - what do you see when you do an: netstat -na | egrep ":900[01]"
  • Hi ghoti, thanks for replied.

Nothing is running on 9000, nor 9001... I executed your command and it did not show anything.

In /etc/init.d there are just the following scripts:
    iw.idol, iw.jboss, iw.local, iwodserver, iwodsnmp, iw.server, iw.tsconnector, iw.tsreport, iw.tssearch

Cheers,
  • check the logs for idol, it does not seem to be running.
  • Hi ghoti, thanks for replied.

Nothing is running on 9000, nor 9001... I executed your command and it did not show anything.

In /etc/init.d there are just the following scripts:
    iw.idol, iw.jboss, iw.local, iwodserver, iwodsnmp, iw.server, iw.tsconnector, iw.tsreport, iw.tssearch

Cheers,
    Try running (as root or via sudo):
      and then see if anything is listening on 9000 or 9001 - if not, check the IDOL log files (I believe they're somewhere like /usr/Interwoven/LiveSiteCSAuth/idol/logs)
  • In 7.3.2 idol has been moved out of LSCSAuth, you can check lscs ido logs at /usr/Interwoven/LiveSiteCSRT/idol/logs and /usr/Interwoven/Search/idol/logs also check the application.log here that should give you much of the info.
  • Thanks for your comments.

Indeed I checked the application.log in .../Search/idol/logs and I had to install libstdc++.so.5.

After installing it, the service is UP!
  • Hello

We are having the same problem and where to install libstdc++

Thanks

TeamSite Developer Resources

• Docker Automation

• LiveSite Content Services (LSCS) REST API

• Single Page Application (SPA) Modules

• TeamSite Add-ons

If you are interested in gaining full access to the content, you can register for a My Support account here.
OpenText CE Products
TeamSite
APIs