Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
TS 6.0 - Where's the documentation?
System
Why is there a 6.0
Webdesk Pro User's Guide
and no
Content Center Standard User's Guide
or
Content Center Pro User's Guide
?
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Migrateduser
Dave,
In TeamSite 6.0 we have moved to a paradigm where all end user documentation is online. So there is no CC-Pro/CC-Std users guides because it is all online accessible from the UI. You'll need to install the product and access the OLH from the UI to see it.
The WDP Users Guide is still around because WDP is still a supported UI in TS 6.0 so that you can ease the migration of your users to the new UIs at your own leisure. We know we have a strong existing user base who are very comfortable with WDP. To take that away abrubtly would be a mistake.
Thanks,
David
Product Manager, Client Tools
dyun@interwoven.com
screenshots.zip
Migrateduser
I understand the part about Webdesk Pro. I do think it's a mistake to not have a hardcopy PDF document for the new UIs.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
DrewB
Yes, some of us would like to read a little about the new features BEFORE we upgrade. I would definately like to see this documentation online.
Drew Barnard
Associate Web Engineer
CNF Inc.
Migrateduser
Dave,
In general, manuals rarely get to the actual end user's in a large enterprise environment. For this reason we decided to put all end user information into the OLH. We welcome you input on how/if this is meeting your end user's needs.
WebDesk Pro, on the other hand, is a legacy product. At this point it doesn't seem to be an efficient use of resources to change the documentation structure for this product. Therefore we will continue to update and ship the existing User’s Guide for the life of this product.
Thanks,
Elaine Nast
Senior Manager, Technical Publications
Interwoven
Migrateduser
Seriously? That's the reason you didn't create a PDF document for this drastically new UI? Do you really think people will just be able to seamlessly move over to this UI without reading any documentation and just using the online help features? PDFs are easily accessible by everyone using shared drives. Anyone can either browse them on their local machine or print them out if they wish. I think you are in for a lot of support issues - I hope you didn't lay off any of the support staff.
Dave Smith
Sr. Software Engineer
Nike, Inc.
(503) 671-4238
DavidH.Smith@nike.com
Migrateduser
I've got to agree with Smitty77 - not having a user manual isn't a good idea at all. There's an inherent difference between a user manual and online help.
For instance, if I want to give a potential user an overview of the user experience, I'd have to set them up in TeamSite and then they'd have to sign in and snoop all over the help system to get to where they could have been had there been a .pdf to forward to them.
Plus, I want to be able to print out and bind the user manual in one place to make notes on.
I'm also hoping there's a comprehensive list of differences between the user experience between 6.0 and pre-6.0. We loaded up 6.0 yesterday and there were several changes that I had to snoop around to find the equivalent way to perform. A couple had no equivalent as far as I could tell - for example, how do I do a single list-modified across all of a branch's workareas? I do this routinely and don't think the capablility's there any more?
Migrateduser
Walib wrote:
I'm also hoping there's a comprehensive list of differences between the user experience between 6.0 and pre-6.0.
-----
There is. If you look in the CC Pro online help under Getting Started > First Time Use > WebDesk Pro Users, you will find a table that will help those familiar with WebDesk Pro transition to the CC Pro interface.
Hope that helps.
Migrateduser
Thanks mandrews, I found it.
...I don't find an equivlent for List Modified for all workareas at once..
Migrateduser
Hi Walib,
I just talked to our developers and they confirmed my belief that you could never do a list modified on all workareas at once. What version of TeamSite are you using? What is the entry point to this view?
Embarassed and confused,
David Yun
Product Manager, Client Tools
dyun@interwoven.com
13adam13
You could always ( to my knowledge) do a list modified of all workareas on a single branch as an Admin or Master (and possibly Editor too.) You would simply go the branch view, select nothing, and go to View, List Modified.
I do this all the time to look for workareas that are sorely out of date.
--Adam Wilson
Senior Programmer
Migrateduser
Hi Drew,
You can read this document to get up to speed with the new UIs:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/50472
This document talks about the new features in FormsPublisher:
http://devnet.interwoven.com/site.fcgi/techlib/50473
Thanks,
David Yun
Product Manager, Client Tools
dyun@interwoven.com